Eat yogurt, save breasts.

Printable View

• 06-21-2006, 10:22 AM
    walterick
    1 Attachment(s)
    Eat yogurt, save breasts.
    No, seriously.

I just learned that <A href="http://www.yoplaitusa.com/">Yoplait</a> is donating $.10 to the <A href="http://www.komen.org/intradoc-cgi/idc_cgi_isapi.dll?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=29 8">Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation</a> for every foil yogurt top you mail to them. We eat a decent amount of yogurt, so I am going to start saving them. Wish I'd learned this earlier.

The tops must be received by July 31. So start buying. Their minimum contribution is $500,000 and the maximum is $1.5 million. Mail lids to:

Save Lids to Save Lives
    PO Box 72716
    Rockford, MN 55572-7016

Oh, yeah. And they have to be clean! (Steve! :D)
  • 06-21-2006, 10:46 AM
    mjs1973
    Re: Eat yogurt, save breasts.
    I just ran in the Susan G. Koman breast cancer 5k run a couple weekends ago in Madison. It's a standing date for Amy and I every year. There is also a big envelope haning on the wall in one of our print rooms here at work for people to place their yogurt lids.

Don't forget to buy breast cancer stamps the next time you go to the post office too! They are 45 cents, but it's for a great cause.
  • 06-21-2006, 10:57 AM
    walterick
    That's great Michael. I really can't run anymore but I was looking at walking the 5k coming up in October in Phoenix.

And I didn't know about those stamps! It's amazing all the little ways we can contribute. Pennies can turn into millions when enough people get together and save them. Sometimes the act of doing something is as important as a cause itself. Action can be contagious :)
  • 06-21-2006, 11:07 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Tit for tat... :)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    No, seriously...

Sorry, couldn't pass that up... :D

Of course. This is nothing new. I've been saving the yogurt lids and using some of the special stamps for quite some time now. An easy way to help make a difference... :cornut:
  • 06-21-2006, 12:35 PM
    walterick
    Re: Tit for tat... :)
    Well, aren't you just on top of everything :D Didn't realize this was an ongoing thing!
  • 06-21-2006, 12:41 PM
    Asylum Steve
    Quote:

Well, aren't you just on top of everything :D Didn't realize this was an ongoing thing!

Nah. Not everything. Saving breasts is a passion of mine... :p
  • 06-21-2006, 12:52 PM
    walterick
    Steve, once again, let me just commend you for the great work you're doing in the world. I'm sure women around the world are grateful for you saving their breasts. Er, on film?
  • 06-21-2006, 05:03 PM
    mjs1973
    Quote:

That's great Michael. I really can't run anymore but I was looking at walking the 5k coming up in October in Phoenix.

I'm not much of a runner myself, but it was for breasts so I made the effort! :D
  • 06-22-2006, 08:30 PM
    another view
    We've got a stack of them here too - good reminder about sending them in soon!
  • 06-22-2006, 08:47 PM
    walterick
    Good lord, sounds like I was the last one on earth to know about this!
  • 07-14-2006, 11:18 AM
    walterick
    Quote:

The tops must be received by July 31. Mail lids to:

Save Lids to Save Lives
    PO Box 72716
    Rockford, MN 55572-7016

It's about that time!
  • 07-14-2006, 08:28 PM
    natatbeach
    Quote:

Steve, once again, let me just commend you for the great work you're doing in the world. I'm sure women around the world are grateful for you saving their breasts. Er, on film?

:idea: would that make him a breastographer http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/al...smiley-022.gif

BTW ---I support you in your efforts Stevehttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/li...smiley-084.gif...very commendable:rolleyes: