PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Thread: Dog Food Recall

Dog Food Recall

Well, how many of you are aware that 10,000 cats and dogs in North America have died in the last few months, from kidney failure due to rat poison in dog and cat food from a major dog food supplier to several chain and grocery stores throughout North America?

Many dog and cat owners here have stopped feeding their pets "wet" pouch or canned dog or cat food.

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

Accepted photo standards in technique and composition are the tools used to judge photo quality.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Dog Food Recall

This has been in the news around here for the last couple of weeks, but this is the first I have heard of that high of a # of deaths. There is class action lawsuit already in the works here in WI. I'm sure there will be many more to come... Makes me glad we don't feed our dogs "wet" food.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    This has been in the news around here for the last couple of weeks, but this is the first I have heard of that high of a # of deaths. There is class action lawsuit already in the works here in WI. I'm sure there will be many more to come... Makes me glad we don't feed our dogs "wet" food.
    Since the company was Canadian, one of our news people got the number from a veternarian survey that was done.

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

Accepted photo standards in technique and composition are the tools used to judge photo quality.

We heard that a while ago. It's the bits and gravy canned or pouched food in just about every brand you find on the shelves.

Scared us a bit, because we feed our dog Iams, which was on the list. But she gets dry food, not wet. Didn't find out it was the wet until a few days after I read about the recall though.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

10,000? I have been following this because I feed Nutro Natural Choice which is one of the foods on the recall. Thankfully nothing I feed was affected, but the last I heard it was 12 cats and 1 dog died of kidney failure. If you go to http://www.menufoods.com/recall/ you can see a full list of the products.
    Amber
    cam: Sony a100 DSLR
    Please do not edit my images.. thanks

Thread Information