Do you like reading?

Printable View

• 03-19-2018, 08:13 AM
    -Reva-
    Do you like reading?
    How hard was to learn for you? And was it the same with your children?
  • 03-21-2018, 01:57 AM
    Askin
    Re: Do you like reading?
    It was always one of my favourite hobbies, I adored reading starting from early childhood years and it's still the same even in adult age, however it became much harder for me to find a really interesting and unique book :) I learned to read in 4 yo, mostly because of my parents' example who liked reading very much too, it was a great inspiration for me, besides they couldn't read me aloud so often as I wanted so the motivation in my case was really big. As I remember the most useful methods in my case were various games, I adore to draw letters, make crafts from them, singing and rhyming words. Also it was a great pleasure for me to play with syllables and discuss later with parents what I read, we still adore to spend time with good tea and such curious discussions :)
    It was the same with my daughter, we used the same methods in her case and they were really effective, she learned in 5 yo, a bit later than I and it seems that reading became one of her main interests too. In her case we also put much time for phonics and various games too like live types with cards and virtual ones like Alphabet Antics, Zebrainy ABCs https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-s...165324239?mt=8 , Balloony Letters, Sesame Street and so on. Such games are really interesting and children adore them because while playing it doesn't feel like serious learning which makes general process very pleasant. Playing in library was one of her favourites too.
    I think that in this case everything depends on parents so it's unfair in my opinion to say that modern children are lazy and have no interest in reading at all.
  • 03-21-2018, 07:36 AM
    -Reva-
    Thanks for sharing with such interesting story! I like reading too but comparing with I sadly lost much of my interest for this, suppose it's smth connected with aging...
  • 06-07-2018, 05:51 AM
    AVianna
    I completely upvote to reading as growing hobby.

My story with books has started since I was 5 and it is still an exciting one. I like to read books with history, which you can handle and feel the smell of pages, touch the cover. Modern literature is intellectual and capturing but fiction of 20th century means a lot. I adore poems as well, their emotional approach.
    Being a teenager I've got an experience of writing poems and novels by myself. It was great time with power of creating.
    I think that reading should be popularized among young people especially, as it builds the culture of communicating and thoughts expressing.
    If we can present it as a game it can be easier and more fascinating. By the way, reading is one of the cheapest joy available to all. With your iPhone you can have the whole library in your pocket.
    That's really convenient.

And what was your experience of reading in the childhood? Do you have the favourite book?
  • 12-29-2019, 06:01 AM
    Karloss
    Yes, I like to read, but not educational literature. Now I have to write a dissertation and this is a real dead end of my possibilities. So I decided not to break my head and entrusted the writing of this special project to professional writers https://perfectessay.com/write-my-dissertation. I have already seen the first results online and I like it.