A death in the family

Printable View

• 10-12-2006, 04:45 PM
    barb_48
    A death in the family
    Hi, I just recently lost my dad, he had one aneurysm that ruptured had surgery and survied. That's remarkable in it's self, than the second one by his heart ruptured and he had surgery again. That was two weeks ago, the doctor and nurse said he would never walk again if he survies, they had to release pressure on his spinal cord. Last weekend when I visited him he actually moved his toes. Yahoo! so we thought. My poor dad looked like a zipper laying there in the hospital bed, all stapled up.
    I have never had to deal with a death of a loved one, and I am truely grateful for that. I know he's not in pain anymore, but I'm going to miss my lunches with him and taking him shopping. Miss him so very much.
    Thanks for letting me vent my sorrow.
  • 10-12-2006, 04:56 PM
    Lara
    Re: A death in the family
    Hi Barb,

You probably don't know me, but I wanted to send you my deep condolances. I lost my Dad in 99 and I can relate to the anguish and sorrow. We never really get over it, but the hurt is less as time goes by. I miss my Dad too.

It's good to vent your sorrow with friends and family. Talk about him and remember those happy times.

God Bless you.
  • 10-12-2006, 05:30 PM
    Liz
    Barb,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Dad. I will pray for you and your family.

I have a friend who lost her husband recently with the same type of surgery. His surgery was very complicated due to other health problems, so they had to take him to a hospital that specializes in these specific surgeries.

Thanks for sharing here, Barb, and let us know how you're doing. God bless you.

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by barb_48
    Hi, I just recently lost my dad, he had one aneurysm that ruptured had surgery and survied. That's remarkable in it's self, than the second one by his heart ruptured and he had surgery again. That was two weeks ago, the doctor and nurse said he would never walk again if he survies, they had to release pressure on his spinal cord. Last weekend when I visited him he actually moved his toes. Yahoo! so we thought. My poor dad looked like a zipper laying there in the hospital bed, all stapled up.
    I have never had to deal with a death of a loved one, and I am truely grateful for that. I know he's not in pain anymore, but I'm going to miss my lunches with him and taking him shopping. Miss him so very much.
    Thanks for letting me vent my sorrow.

• 10-12-2006, 06:33 PM
    walterick
    I'm sorry for your loss Barb. I can't imagine the pain from such an event. Missing him is normal, and I hope you can still feel his spirit around you.

Rick
  • 10-12-2006, 06:33 PM
    Greg McCary
    Condolances from a total stranger. May God be with you....
    Greg
  • 10-12-2006, 07:11 PM
    Frog
    Losing a loved one is never easy. Allow yourself the time to grieve in whatever form is best for you.
    Peace and Blessings,
    frog
  • 10-12-2006, 07:59 PM
    zrfraser
    I'm truly sorry about your dad...I lost mine in 95 and have never been the same, remember the good times and don't dwell on the bad.

Z
  • 10-16-2006, 03:48 AM
    natatbeach
    I can only imagine what you must be feeling --- soon I will probabaly understand fully.
    I'm sorry to hear you've lost such a large part of your life. I'm sure with mixed emotions.
    My mom is terminally ill (pancreatic cancer) and we just found out about two months ago...in two months her condition is progessing much faster than anyone anticipated and will not be with us by Xmas. Find ways to refresh and revive the memories of the good times and as it was said before allow your slef to "cope" in any way you see fit....

hang in there---regards
    natalie
  • 10-16-2006, 01:45 PM
    barb_48
    Thank-you to all for your kind words and sympathy. Your words touched me deeply and in a sense made me feel a bit better.
    Sorry to hear about your mother Natabeach. It's so hard to see someone u love in pain, and it makes u feel so helpless. My husband's mother died of the same thing about 41 years ago, when he was only twelve. My prayer will go out tonite for u and your family.
    Take care
  • 10-16-2006, 04:07 PM
    another view
    I saw your post in VF, but didn't catch this thread earlier. I'm sorry for your loss. My step father died in May very suddenly after an amazing recovery from fairly complicated heart surgery two months earlier. Since he was married to my mom for over 25 years, he was almost more like a dad than my real dad. Sort of an up and down situation as well. My thoughts are with you.