PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Thread: OT: Lunch

OT: Lunch

I made chicken soup, from scratch, for the first time. I cooked a whole chicken in a pot a couple of days go. Then I finished up the soup last night with zucchini, carrots, celery, potatoes, some of the chicken, and a little cilantro. Damnit it's tasty! Next time it will be even better. It could use a little cabbage and maybe a bit more garlic. But I'm very proud of myself and excited about the future of chicken and soup in my house

What did you have for lunch?

I return you to you regularly scheduled program.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Re: OT: Lunch

The next time I am out there, I want you to cook for me.
    That sounds yummy!

I had a PB n J, with blue corn chips, a Coke, nilla waffers and a banana.
    I sat at my desk and ordered a book durning lunch.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

I love to cook one pot or one pan meals. I have several specialties form lasagna to French onion soup. The current favorite at my house is my gumbo made with chicken, shrimp and sausage and of course the holy trinity (onion, celery and sweet green peppers) the wife will not let me add ochre or that would be in there too. But today for lunch it was a simple chili.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

John, I'm so proud of you. There are no limits to what you can add when making chicken soup. Your's sounds yummy!

I must confess I went out for lunch with my hubby and indulged in fried food. Something I don't normally eat. I had fried oysters, fries and onion rings. How bad is that?!?

Chicken soup would have been much healthier!
    Lara

Bam!

The holy trinity - did you get that from Emeril, or did he get it from somewhere else? I confess that I don't really understand celery. My personal holy trinity would be garlic, onion, and chilis
    Photo-John

Re: Bam!

I prefer garlic, onion and cilantro.
    They combine for some great smells and tastes!
    I am not all that keen on "hot" stuff. Spicy is good, but a little goes a long way in my book.
    Brian
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    The holy trinity - did you get that from Emeril, or did he get it from somewhere else? I confess that I don't really understand celery. My personal holy trinity would be garlic, onion, and chilis
    I had been using that combo, but than heard Emeril refer to them that way and than just stole the phrase.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

PB&J on toast. A staple at our house. With a root beer

I made chicken soup from scratch once, but we were using up leftovers, so it was good, but nothing spectacular. But we are going to try again.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    I had fried oysters, fries and onion rings. How bad is that?!?!
    Oysters... Mmm...

Sub shop down the street. A little boring but better than the hot dogs we give away on Fridays here. Even free, how much can you stand? Homemade soup sounds great - especially with the spring blizzard we're having here. OK, a little bit of an exaggeration because only a couple inches - but it's March. Had enough of that stuff.

Liz

Smile I'm hungry!

and you made me hungrier. That sounds scrumpuous! I love homemade anything - especially chicken soup. Yummy!

I had a fish sandwich for lunch - leftover Scrod from Wednesday. It was good. But that was lunch. Now for supper.

Liz

I made chicken soup, from scratch, for the first time. I cooked a whole chicken in a pot a couple of days go. Then I finished up the soup last night with zucchini, carrots, celery, potatoes, some of the chicken, and a little cilantro. Damnit it's tasty! Next time it will be even better. It could use a little cabbage and maybe a bit more garlic. But I'm very proud of myself and excited about the future of chicken and soup in my house

What did you have for lunch?

I return you to you regularly scheduled program.

Mine was nowhere near as exciting. I went over to the UW Hospital cafeteria for their salad bar. I'm low carbing so salad bars are flexible and satisfying. After lunch I went up to check out the monthly art show hanging in the Hospital lobby/lounge. Lots of competent but not outstanding watercolor flowers there this month. A few better works showing some craft workers in some other land. Some months I make a return trip but I won't have to this month.

shake it like a polaroid picture berrywise's Avatar

I made a pizza...but it was just a frozen one.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I had a PB&J minus the J while sitting at my desk today. Pretty exciting huh?

Chunk, interesting that you have a display of water color flowers at work. That's what we have on display in our gallery too. They are really nice, but after the first one, the rest all seemed the same. Hey look another flower, oh look, it's another flower... My favorite out of the entire show was the one WITHOUT the flower.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

OK PJ- Come teach my hubby how to cook- he is the omlette man (he does breakfasts on the weekends). I am resident chef over here.
    This afternoon for lunch I made homemade tacos with grilled onions and peppers, fresh tomato and ofcourse garlic and lemon.

Usually I have really simple lunches, since its just me and one of my clan. But dinners are a whole other story- I make dinners like risotto with asparagus and carmelized crimini mushrooms, or eggplant lasagne, penne con broccoli (with pancetta),
    or sauteed onions, garlic and sugar snap peas over brown rice with a roasted chicken.
    (I am addicted to roasted chicken right now... and have come up with a dozen different rubs for the chickens and broth-like sauces for the insides to keep them juicy and flavorful....)
    So... whaddya say? I need a break from cookin.
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

For lunch today I had corned beef and cheddar cheese on a toasted sesame seed bun, homemade courtesy of my husband.

I just gotta tell you about last night's "dinner", though. I got home after 10pm, so I stopped at the store rather than scrounging around the kitchen, and picked up a loaf of french bread, some smoked salmon, parmesan cheese, and olives. Yum! A European/Mediterranean spread!
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Lunches eh? My lunch is usually composed of whatever will fit in my lunch box at school. Usually a bun, or bagel, some sort of veggies, and other goodies. Nothing really exquisite, but it keeps me going and its food nonetheless.

Jared

I had a BBQ beef sandwich at the University cafeteria...Had a great time chewing on all the grissle. But I washed it down with a tall, cool glass of chocolate milk and some cottage cheese. Mmmm....

I don't know how to put this, but...I'm kind of a big deal...People know me.

My Dumb Web Page

Mmmm - Roasted Chicken

I love roasted chicken. I've never tried to cook one, though. Tonight I grilled a bunch of chicken breasts and chopped one up for tacos with salsa fresca. They were deeee-licious!

I think we need a cooking forum.
    Photo-John

One Better!

I think we need a cooking forum.
    We could do a cookbook!
    The PhotographyReview.com Member's Cook Book!
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...

Quote Originally Posted by villenadecorte
    OK PJ- Come teach my hubby how to cook- he is the omlette man (he does breakfasts on the weekends). I am resident chef over here.
    This afternoon for lunch I made homemade tacos with grilled onions and peppers, fresh tomato and ofcourse garlic and lemon.

Usually I have really simple lunches, since its just me and one of my clan. But dinners are a whole other story- I make dinners like risotto with asparagus and carmelized crimini mushrooms, or eggplant lasagne, penne con broccoli (with pancetta),
    or sauteed onions, garlic and sugar snap peas over brown rice with a roasted chicken.
    (I am addicted to roasted chicken right now... and have come up with a dozen different rubs for the chickens and broth-like sauces for the insides to keep them juicy and flavorful....)
    So... whaddya say? I need a break from cookin.
    Do you want to come live with me? You can have the secret room, you'd get privacy and your own little window.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Re: One Better!

You people are odd....... LUNCH IS 3AM right?

Friday between 10am and 2pm I ate..

A bowl of breyer's reese's peanut butter cup icecream, A bag of 3 CHEESE Doritos( as in BAG), 2 boxes of mozzerella sticks, a TOMBSTONE pizza, and a roast beef with pepperjack on potato bread with light mayo and a heavy dash of white pepper ALL washed down with (from 10AM to 2PM) a big cup of coffee, a glass of doctor pepper and a YUMMY 32 ounce bloodymary that I always make from a handfull of ingredients (MIXERS are NASTY)

I can publish the bloodymary recipe in the book(not hard to make at all)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Sure! I'll come to Wisconsin. I could use a change of scenery!
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Rebekah, your husband is an exceptionally lucky man!

I had a neat burrito from a burrito shop (hard to find good ones outside Cali) with grilled chicken, grilled onions, rice, black beans, sour cream, "Tenessee Sweet" hot sauce, lettuce, and of course queso. It was good, now I am hungry all over again!

Oh, and then a hot carmel sunday with heath crumbles from the ice cream shop next door

Health food, as always.

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Rick... Is he lucky? Hmm.. I'll have to remind him that he is, so I can go to NY. haha.
    That carmel sunday is sounding pretty good. I am an ice cream junky. There used to be a place in Montclair (outside of Oakland) called the Ice House, they'd make these huge black and tans that were incredibly delicious.
    Good Mexican is so hard to find. Out where I am there are about 4 different places, with one being really superior, and a good example of real Mexican food.
    My real love is Vegetarian South Indian food.... a great one in Berkeley. I always order everything Extra Spicy!

Rebekah
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

If it weren't for cheese and ice cream, I could probably be a vegan.

I never found a Vegetarian South Indian place when I lived in Berkeley...

I DID drag Loren, Trevor, Photo-John, and a few other unsuspecting souls to the Vegetarian Chinese place on University once though I think a few of them bolted for the McDonalds on Shattuck right after.

I used to go to Burrito Bros in Berkeley sometimes. As hard as it may seem to find good Mexican there, it's a lot tougher here!

Send me your hub's email, I'll jog him a little.

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Thread Information