• 05-26-2007, 08:20 PM
    mjs1973
    A cool site!! www.woot.com
    www.woot.com

I heard about woot on NPR last week, and I have been checking them out almost daily ever since. Most web retailers sell tons of stuff on their sites, but not woot. Woot sells one product per day, and at a pretty low price. I'm waiting to see a cheap digital camera come up for sale. The site is geared towards electronics, but their are other products too, you just have to wait till midnight to see what the new product for the day is.

The site is fun, and it's worth a visit just to read the copy for the products they are trying to sell. Here is a sample of their copy from a few days ago. The product they were selling was a Toshiba DVD Recorder/VCR D-VR4.

She left today. I think it’s for good this time. See, while she was at work, I was supposed to call Chez Casa and make a reservation for our anniversary dinner. I meant to, I really did. But when I woke up, around eleven, Chez Casa wasn’t open yet. So I started playing around with my Toshiba DVD Recorder/VCR D-VR4, and, well, the next thing I knew, she was getting home from work and asking what time our reservation was for. From there, it was all “you love that full-featured, progressive-scan DVD player and recorder more than you love me” and “you’d rather record your VHS tapes to DVD-R than make love to me.” Pretty typical stuff.

I could barely be bothered to argue. Truth is, I was just waiting for her to leave me alone like everyone else does, so I could get back to my Toshiba D-VR4. Maybe that makes me a bad person. I don’t care. What can she, or anyone else, give me that I can’t get from my Toshiba? Can she store up to 12 hours of audio and video on a 4.7GB double-sided DVD-RAM (not included)? Do any of my former friends offer time-shifting functionality, so I don’t miss my favorite TV shows while I’m doing other things? (Not that I ever do other things, but still, it’s a matter of principle.) I admit, much of a woman’s body is a mystery to me. But if she can play DVDs, CDs, VHS tapes, MP3 discs, and JPEG photo discs, I never found the slot to put them in. And now I never will.

I guess I should be upset about that. I suppose I should’ve begged, pleaded, sworn that I’d change. But I’ve done that before, and let’s face it, it didn’t mean a thing. As the words were coming out of my mouth, I was caressing my Toshiba DVD Recorder/VCR D-VR4 in my mind. Just like I am right now. She left today. And I can’t feel a thing.
  • 05-26-2007, 10:27 PM
    WsW-WYATT-EARP
    Re: A cool site!! www.woot.com
    Yes woot is a cool site .. I have been a daily visitor for about a year now ... you can go to the community and see past items ...

I have ordered from them and shipping is cheap as you see 5$ for any item ... even their 61" LCD tv's they sell ... 5$ shipping ... quick shipping .. product is as they describe .. alot of their items are refurbished ... but alot are also new ... the forums are nice .. get alot of price info and other info about the items ...

they sell some cool stuff ...and some just plain garbage !! ..

remember tuesdays are 2 for tuesday ... 2 for the price of 1 ...

and the woot-off's are cool ... item goes up and as soon as it is sold out another item goes up .. usually lasts for 2 days .. can tell when the yellow lights are flashing ...

I have bought a toshiba gigabeat 60gb mp3 player from them - wireless keyboard and mouse - wireless nic card - headphones and a 250gb harddrive
  • 05-26-2007, 11:44 PM
    Mr Yuck
    I've purchased a focus free underwater film camera for $15 shipped, and a Razer Copperhead ($60 gaming mouse) for $40 shipped. (these are from a while back)

Not bad.
  • 05-28-2007, 01:02 AM
    Tel
    Ahh yes, I love Woot. Only bought two things from there though. One being a Racing Wheel! :D

Then we realized we don't have any racing games... D:
  • 05-28-2007, 03:10 AM
    livin4lax09
    yeah, a great site. yugster and stootsi are based off the same idea, but aren't nearly as cool.
  • 05-28-2007, 08:55 AM
    SmartWombat
    We have a similar named site iwoot - http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/ iwantoneofthose :)
    iwoot doesn't do the one-day sale thing, but has similar humorous reviews for their toys.
  • 05-29-2007, 02:51 PM
    JETA
    Oh boy..... Thanks for posting this. I can't quit looking.

I love their sense of humor. "Con: It's pink" has been cracking me up all day.
  • 05-30-2007, 09:40 AM
    mjs1973
    There is a WOOT OFF today!!!
  • 05-30-2007, 11:44 AM
    WsW-WYATT-EARP
    they usually run for 2 days .....
  • 05-30-2007, 11:55 AM
    livin4lax09
    the comments on woot offs make me laugh. people seriously have no lives, and don't sleep during woot offs.