Celebrity Duets???

Printable View

• 08-29-2006, 05:41 PM
    ken1953
    Celebrity Duets???
    Hey Rick et al...who's going to be the winner??? So far...my money is on Alfonso Ribiero.
    Ken
  • 08-29-2006, 05:46 PM
    julsoph
    Re: Celebrity Duets???
    Nooooooo....Jai Rodriguez, for sure! Although, Alfonso's probably a close second. :D
  • 08-30-2006, 08:22 AM
    mwfanelli
    Uh....
    Please excuse my ignorance, but what the h*** are you guys talking about? Am I that far out of some loop?

Confused in Perryville
  • 08-30-2006, 10:22 AM
    julsoph
    Re: Uh....
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mwfanelli
    Please excuse my ignorance, but what the h*** are you guys talking about? Am I that far out of some loop?

Confused in Perryville

Lmao...it's yet another reality tv show. This one pairs up celebrities who think they can sing (some of them actually can) with music legends...then the judges decide on one to leave each week.

It's good quality tv, and really, you should be watching it. :p

Emily
  • 08-30-2006, 12:32 PM
    walterick
    I haven't heard of this one either. I'll bet Alfonso can sing though!
  • 08-30-2006, 02:49 PM
    mjs1973
    This one is all new to me. My guilty summer pleasure has been Rockstar Supernova!!! Only a couple more weeks till the new Survivor starts!!!
  • 08-30-2006, 08:13 PM
    walterick
    Ken, when does Idol start? Not till next year?
  • 08-31-2006, 09:03 AM
    ken1953
    When I posted this, only a few had been sung, but there are 3 or 4 who can definitely hold their own with the pros...hehe...
    Rick...not sure when Idol starts...I'll have to do some research...
    Michael...Supernova is cool. I've been watching it, also, but last week, it clashed with Duets, so, I watched Duets and Kim watched Supernova in the bedroom...hehe...I actually can't believe she likes it. Everytime I try to rock out, she bitches at me...hehehehehehe....
    Julsoph...Jai is good and I think you may be right...I think Alphonso will lose because of his lack of appeal from the younger audience. Of course, being quite a bit older, I've always liked everything I've seen him in from Silver Spoons to Fresh Prince.
    I think I'll post a poll about Lucy Lawless. Hotter as Xena or as a blonde??? I guess I should pay more attention to the credits on shows, because I didn't know that she was in the new Battlestar Galactica until it was announced on Duets....hehe...and I love BG. But then again, I didn't recognize her as a blonde...hehe...
    Ken
  • 08-31-2006, 08:31 PM
    julsoph
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ken1953
    When I posted this, only a few had been sung, but there are 3 or 4 who can definitely hold their own with the pros...hehe...
    Rick...not sure when Idol starts...I'll have to do some research...
    Michael...Supernova is cool. I've been watching it, also, but last week, it clashed with Duets, so, I watched Duets and Kim watched Supernova in the bedroom...hehe...I actually can't believe she likes it. Everytime I try to rock out, she bitches at me...hehehehehehe....
    Julsoph...Jai is good and I think you may be right...I think Alphonso will lose because of his lack of appeal from the younger audience. Of course, being quite a bit older, I've always liked everything I've seen him in from Silver Spoons to Fresh Prince.
    I think I'll post a poll about Lucy Lawless. Hotter as Xena or as a blonde??? I guess I should pay more attention to the credits on shows, because I didn't know that she was in the new Battlestar Galactica until it was announced on Duets....hehe...and I love BG. But then again, I didn't recognize her as a blonde...hehe...
    Ken

Lol...Lucy Lawless looks completely different. I would never have recognized her if I didn't know it was her.
    It's hard to tell who the audience will like with these things...I've always liked Alphonso Ribeiro too...(I'm watching Fresh Prince on Nick @ Nite as I type this...LOL)...I hope he does well! I think he and Jai will be the final two...

Emily
  • 08-31-2006, 08:36 PM
    poker
    Lea Thompson just started to sing.....I had to walk away from it just now. I didn't want to ruin the image I have of her. Yikes!