Can you believe this?

Printable View

• 06-27-2006, 04:29 AM
    KitttyKat
    Can you believe this?
    I've been called for jury duty 3 times in 6 months. :confused:
    First to city court in January, then federal grand jury in March, and now city court again.
    Sheesh!!!
    On top of that I have a disability waver AND I have no transportation.
  • 06-27-2006, 09:52 AM
    mwfanelli
    Re: Can you believe this?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KitttyKat
    I've been called for jury duty 3 times in 6 months. :confused:
    First to city court in January, then federal grand jury in March, and now city court again.
    Sheesh!!!
    On top of that I have a disability waver AND I have no transportation.

The city can only call you once every two years. The federal is separate but they too are only once every two years. Complain!
  • 06-27-2006, 03:29 PM
    KitttyKat
    In California it's once a year. You can get out of city court by serving with a Grand Jury but you can't get out of Grand Jury by serving with city.
    You swear that jury duty call is random but it certainly doesn't seem that way. I've been called every year since I was 18 and 5 times in the last 2 years, yet my unemployed husband has been called to serve once in his entire life and my mother was never called.
  • 06-27-2006, 06:03 PM
    walterick
    I got called once while living in California. Never anywhere else.

Luckily, I moved before the court date so I had an easy out :D They were very reasonable about letting me out, too, didn't require proof or anything.
  • 07-07-2006, 02:45 AM
    Beamer
    I had it once, and the area where it had a comment section, I put "I don't like cops, and I prefer Boston Legal over Law and Order" - I haven't been contacted since. LOL...I'm sure mine was thrown in the trash, and for the record I have nothing against Cops, but I do like Boston Legal a lot more then Law and Order. I mean how do you beat......DENNY CRANE.
  • 07-07-2006, 10:38 AM
    paulnj
    I was called to jury duty in a seperate county and even a neighboring state I never lived in :wink:

Mind you.... My criminal history is quite long for my youth :blush2:

I had a warrant for my arrest issued in Allentown PA beause they still wanted me. I showed up and threw a few N words around, said I hate cops! , hate minorities because they harrassed me in jail, and showed them 12 years worth of NJ DL's . They thanked me for my time :wink:

For the record... I don't hate cops and could careless what race, color or creed you are, but they will have trouble getting a fair verdict from me .