PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Can a normal person buy a sniper rifle legally?

Can a normal person buy a sniper rifle legally?

Re: Can a normal person buy a sniper rifle legally?

No. A sniper rifle is owned by the military or a paramilitary organization and issued to snipers. Should that rifle be sold to a “normal person” it is no longer a sniper rifle, even though it hasn’t been modified in any way. Give a hunting rifle or a target rifle to a sniper, and it is immediately transformed into a sniper rifle, without having to do anything else to it. See how this works? The thing, and the ONLY thing, that makes a rifle a sniper rifle is the person who’s holding it.

Re: Can a normal person buy a sniper rifle legally?

A "Sniper rifle" isn't really a thing, per se. A sniper rifle is really a "Weapon used by a sniper". Like a hunting rifle is a rifle used by a hunter.

The better term for weapons typically used in such roles is "Precision rifles".

In the US, at least, there is nothing restricted about precision rifles in the vast majority of the country. Im a hunter myself. I have been hunting for a long time and have recently acquired a good assessory for my rifle. It is a laser range finder https://www.atncorp.com/range-finder But if you are a newbie, you should first choose a rifle and optics to it. What kind of hunt do you like?

Thread Information