• 04-14-2006, 08:55 AM
    walterick
    Calling for Rumsfeld's resignation.
    "Retired Army Maj. Gen. Charles H. Swannack Jr., who commanded the 82nd Airborne Division in Iraq shortly after the toppling of Saddam Hussein, became the fifth general involved in Iraq policy to call for Rumsfeld to resign, citing his handling of the war."

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...news-a_section
  • 04-14-2006, 03:28 PM
    mwfanelli
    Re: Calling for Rumsfeld's resignation.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    "Retired Army Maj. Gen. Charles H. Swannack Jr., who commanded the 82nd Airborne Division in Iraq shortly after the toppling of Saddam Hussein, became the fifth general involved in Iraq policy to call for Rumsfeld to resign, citing his handling of the war."

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...news-a_section

Rumsfeld has never been a good choice for much of anything. But he is clever in the way he wields his power and influence.

Bush is just like a really bad manager I had years ago. This manager bragged that he knew nothing and cared nothing about the products of the company. He proclaimed himself a good manager because he surrounded himself with "experts" in everyday company policy. That was a disaster as the manager was too stupid to know who the experts really were! Bush has done the same thing, choosing very bad people because he doesn't know any better.

This is the first time I can remember this many prominent military men standing up and saying that a leading admin guy is very wrong and incompetant. Too bad that Bush will just chuckle and give one of his all too common "dumb guy in the headlights" looks.
  • 04-14-2006, 05:42 PM
    Ronnoco
    You will find this Rumsfeld video interview clip interesting.

www.lifeisajoke.com/videos8.htm

Ronnoco
  • 04-15-2006, 07:12 AM
    mwfanelli
    Another Officer Joins the Fray
    FWIW, CNN reported yesterday that a 6th high-ranking officer has joined the dissenting group.
  • 04-15-2006, 11:20 AM
    walterick
    OMG that video is bleeping awesome. Glad to see some people doing research and nailing these leaders to the wall.

I first heard of Rumsfeld's resignation being called for years ago. But it was from the troops on the ground, confused about why they were in Iraq and angry at their leaders' inept handling of the "war.". It is only recently that the top brass has stepped up and added their dissent.

I wish someone had been keeping a running talley of this administration's blunders, mishaps, deceits, misrepresentations, and illicit behaviors so that we could have a solid case for impeachment (Bush AND Dick) and thus remove the Republican party from national prominence for the next several decades. At least among urban areas and middle class America. They got their shot at running the country and have proven themselves inept. But beyond that they have shown themselves to be liars and in many cases criminals. How many more of Bush's cabinet will resign, get convicted or be implicated in scandals?

Thank god in two years this nightmare is over.

All imo of course :D
  • 04-15-2006, 11:36 AM
    Stillsky
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    I wish someone had been keeping a running talley of this administration's blunders, mishaps, deceits, misrepresentations, and illicit behaviors

Someone is, and his name is Bill Maher =P
  • 04-15-2006, 01:35 PM
    walterick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillsky
    Someone is, and his name is Bill Maher =P

Ah-ha! One of the few consistent spokesmen for the left who has been anti-bush before it became popular to be anti-bush! Any fellow bed-wetting liberals, make sure you watch Bill Mahr once a week for a good crackup. He is (sadly) one of the few voices against this administration and has been so for a long time. And, he does not let the Democrats off the hook, either. Calling them out for the spineless, uninspired, unhelpful, anti-opportunistic, unorganized mess that they are.

Oops, time to go change my signature :D
  • 04-15-2006, 02:31 PM
    Stillsky
    ^Yea, that's one of the reasons I like Bill Maher. He'll call Democrats out just as quickly as he would the Republicans.

Shortly after Bush was re-elected, he did a stand up special for HBO called "I'm Swiss." My favorite line in that special, which was the truth, is "You realize that the only person held accountable and fired for the 9/11 incident...is me?" :D
  • 04-17-2006, 06:40 AM
    Marc2B4
    There are a lot more officers and military who want nothing to do with Rumsfeld, but are reluctant to air dirty laundry out for public to see. I know what was going down in the Pentagon prior to our invasion of Iraq and for the most part, people despised Rumsfeld's micromanaging. IMHO he's the reason we're in the quagmire, Shinseki was right.
  • 04-17-2006, 07:56 AM
    OldSchool
    Don't forget about Wolfowitz
    He was one of the primary planners for this war. But, he got a promotion!

Typical American upper management business model... promote those who screw up royally.

Instead of heading the Big Bank, I think Wolfowitz should be working on bringing back the troops to their loved ones. He should help clean up the mess he made.

Tim