PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Best host to uploading pics ?????

Hi all
    There are more and more website that help u with uploading and sharing pics. So which one do u think is the best.
    I have known some websites :

http://photobucket.com

www.savehinh.com

http://www.flickr.com

http://www.imageshack.us/index.php

Hope can recieve rep from u all

khidotdh88

Re: Best host to uploading pics ?????

How about right here at PhotographyREVIEW.com?

http://gallery.photographyreview.com/

PR probably offers more than you'd think, plus, there's no need to be creating a bunch of accounts all over the web...

I'm liking flickr, personally.

I'm not a big fan of photobucket or imageshack, but the one feature they offer that's nice is the ability to link offsite, like in forums and stuff.

Flickr doesn't really do that, but they've got great organization, comments, tagging, and even geotagging features.

I DESPISE webshots. Even though it's probably the oldest, it's slow, the popups (and pop-behinds) are obnoxious, and I don't like the interface.

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.D.A.
    How about right here at PhotographyREVIEW.com?

http://gallery.photographyreview.com/

PR probably offers more than you'd think, plus, there's no need to be creating a bunch of accounts all over the web...
    i haven't experienced that website. What do u think abt it?

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

If you've loaded a photo, which I guess you haven't since you only have two posts, your photo goes directily into the gallery unless you unclick the box that says save to gallery.
    In the forums you can post shots up to 800 on a side. I'm not sure there's a limit in the gallery but you can put stuff in that's too big for most pc screens.
    I don't think you can link the shots to other sites.
    Scroll up to the share tab and click photo gallery in the drop down. Then be prepared to spend some time.

Oh...and welcome to the forums!
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

GB1

Picasa is getting pretty popular. I don't know if it's UI is perfect or anything but otherwise I don't see too many downsides.

Photobucket kicked me off. They apparently had a policy of no nudity and a had posted a few implied nudity shots that they apparently took offense too.. so phooey on photobucket!

You might also consider Skydrive. It is a free Microsoft file storage site that gives you 25 GB (!) for free and you can choose folders, including image folders, to be public. It's worth a look.. go to skydrive.live.com.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

I'm a fan of Flickr. I even created a Photographyreview.com group

The "uploadr" utility is a great thing about flickr, lets you right click an image on your computer and send it to flickr with as little as three clicks. EXIF data (picture settings) are automatically attached, but you can choose to limit that, you can also prevent people from viewing larger versions of your pictures (I reserve larger versions of my pictures to friends and family)
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    Picasa is getting pretty popular. I don't know if it's UI is perfect or anything but otherwise I don't see too many downsides.

Photobucket kicked me off. They apparently had a policy of no nudity and a had posted a few implied nudity shots that they apparently took offense too.. so phooey on photobucket!

You might also consider Skydrive. It is a free Microsoft file storage site that gives you 25 GB (!) for free and you can choose folders, including image folders, to be public. It's worth a look.. go to skydrive.live.com.

G
    Picasa has never been very stable on my computer,I'm reluctant to use it for anything other than first look and deletions...new version may be better.
    -Use its online albums to share photos,maybe able to store larger files ,now,but my old version was capped at 1.5MB.

LOL..you got kicked off photobucket.!!! If your album was private,it would not be a problem...made mine not viewable after using up bandwidth too quickly.

Skyline is a good idea,thanks-but how does one add more than 5 photos at a time,
    preferably without getting the whole windows live photo monster on your computer ?

" Got Soul, but I'm Not a Soldier "
    The Killers

“ Make no judgments where you have no compassion ”
    Anne McCaffrey

" If you wish to know what a man is, place him in authority.'
    Yugoslav Proverb

Pix.nofrag and localhostr are my sites of choice Both fast, no nonsense uploading sites.

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by susaan
    Picasa has never been very stable on my computer,I'm reluctant to use it for anything other than first look and deletions...new version may be better.
    -Use its online albums to share photos,maybe able to store larger files ,now,but my old version was capped at 1.5MB.

LOL..you got kicked off photobucket.!!! If your album was private,it would not be a problem...made mine not viewable after using up bandwidth too quickly.

Skyline is a good idea,thanks-but how does one add more than 5 photos at a time,
    preferably without getting the whole windows live photo monster on your computer ?
    Hey Susaan - I haven't seen any way to upload > 5 photos at a time. There's a way to recommend improvements on the site, and I think this is a good one. I've only used the online albums cause I've also had issues with that desktop beast in the past. Google is a great company but they're not UI experts to say the least. If only Apple would tackle this area!

Yeah, Photobucket bytes .. no warning or nothing, just a curt email saying I was banned.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Thread Information