PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Axion - 7" Widescreen Portable Handheld TV

I like to share when I buy a gadget that I enjoy. I'm posting this here since it's not really a photography review, just some basic information.

I just bought this at Best Buy; it's a great little gadget. I am without cable for a week, and I'm able to pick up several stations over the air. Unlike most gadgets, it came with everything I needed (except for a carrying case). It comes with a remote control, AC adaptor, cigarette lighter adaptor, A/V cable, coax cable adaptor, rechargeable battery, and an external antenna!

Picture is sharp, sound is loud (but tinny), and it's a great size for the nightstand or to take on trips, or for emergency use when the power is out. It's stereo, so it's great for headphones (it has a headphone jack on the side).

It also has an A/V input and A/V cable, so you can plug other devices into it. I was able to view pictures and videos from my Canon A580 this way; I also plugged a DVD player into it and watched a movie. It might make a good device for reviewing pictures on the spot? I'm going to connect my camcorder to it to see if it makes a good monitor.

You can also plug it into your cable system and change the tuner setting so you can watch your cable channels with it, not just over-the-air channels!

Complaints are few and minor- poor sound quality via the built in speakers (but plenty of volume), volume control is a knob on the side, so the remote can't adjust volume (it can mute, however), no power button on the remote, battery only charges when plugged in and turned off (no watching and charging at the same time) and I did not get any channels using only the internal antenna (although I live in a poor reception area).

Lots of good reviews out there as well, if you check online. Here's the link to the item at Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Axion+-+...&skuId=9497528
    http://havanajoe08.shutterfly.com/

Olympus E-PL1

Feel free to edit my photos!

Re: Axion - 7" Widescreen Portable Handheld TV

Darn it. I just bought something similar used for $110. I hate when I don't do more research.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

I'm sorry I didn't post sooner! =)

Olympus E-PL1

I used to do custom car audio installations (my 1997 Dodge Ram SS/T came in 3rd place in a regional IASCA event, thank you very much!), and I can see this TV as being mountable in a setup, since it can run off 12 VDC and has an AV input. Since all the inputs and outputs are on the sides, you could hide the wires and flush-mount it. I know, they make video monitors specifically for this, but this could be cool to use since it is inexpensive, flat, thin, and can be detached and used for other purposes.

Olympus E-PL1

Thread Information