Autobots, roll out!

Printable View

• 03-27-2007, 02:00 AM
    walterick
    Autobots, roll out!
    <a href="http://www.myspace.com/transformers">Sweet.</a>

I like the treatment they gave it. The only thing I don't like already is the fact that they lost the original "transforming" sound and replaced it with some creepy, digital noise. And, I heard Megatron is now a stealth bomber? Anyway, I definietely look forward to this one!

Autobots forever!
  • 03-27-2007, 05:58 AM
    adina
    Re: Autobots, roll out!
    dork.

:D
  • 03-27-2007, 07:19 AM
    MJS
    Uberdork!!!!!! I have to admit that the old version is better. Optimus Prime forever!!
  • 03-27-2007, 09:47 AM
    walterick
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

Tell me you didn't watch the Transformers when you were a kid! Come on, I wanna hear you deny it.

Girl.

:wink:
  • 03-27-2007, 10:32 AM
    mtbbrian
    I think there is very little originality in "Hollywood", if they are resorting to making movies from 80's cartoons...
    But that's probably just me..:rolleyes: :D :p
    Brian
  • 03-27-2007, 11:11 AM
    MJS
    I was a production manager at Transvideo in Miami, we were owned by a Spanish Language company that bought programming from around the world and translated the original languages into that of our clients, It is called layback. We did the Thundercats, Transformers and all of the Warner Brothers stuff, Superman, Pinky and the Brain, Batman etc. We also did a ton of Novelas and regular movies that we chopped into mini-series. I got to see the Warner Brothers stuff before it even aired. So, eventhough I was too old for it, I got paid to watch it.
  • 03-27-2007, 01:10 PM
    adina
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick

Tell me you didn't watch the Transformers when you were a kid! Come on, I wanna hear you deny it.

Girl.

If I did it was only because my brothers were watching it!!

I do remember watching Thundercats. That was one of my faves..
  • 03-27-2007, 01:46 PM
    walterick
    I watched Thundercats too. Cheetara was always kinda hot - in a girl cat kinda way. I had the Thundertank and Lion-O and the mummy guy whose eyes lit up and his snakey hair would come off.

So, you won't mind if I refer to you as "The Decepticon" from now on then will you? :D
  • 03-27-2007, 04:33 PM
    Medley
    Alright, as long as we're gonna name favorites: Name the series.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...tlr/Yamoto.jpg

-Joe U.
  • 03-27-2007, 04:49 PM
    Ronnoco
    Quote:

Girl.

Nope, but my kids watched it.

Ronnoco
  • 03-28-2007, 09:36 AM
    walterick
    "Name the series."

Voltron?
  • 03-29-2007, 06:05 PM
    Medley
    Quote:

"Name the series."

Voltron?

Nope. "We're off in outer space, we're leaving Mother Earth, to save the human race......"

-Joe U.
  • 04-01-2007, 04:56 PM
    Jaedon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Medley
    Alright, as long as we're gonna name favorites: Name the series.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...tlr/Yamoto.jpg

-Joe U.

Robotech. or Macross for the Japanime fans
  • 04-01-2007, 11:11 PM
    Medley
    *sigh*

Does no one here remember Star Blazers? And the Argo (or Yamoto, if you watched the Japanese version)?

- Joe U.
  • 04-02-2007, 06:20 AM
    adina
    Star Blazers? Was that some kind of Star Trek wannabe? I remember going to my grandparents house every Sunday and watching the original Star Trek with my grandpa. We'd also watch the Dukes of Hazzard, but he didn't watch that one with us.
  • 04-02-2007, 07:09 AM
    rsimmons
    I remember Star Blazers, but I preferred Battle of the Planets. And I was watching Transformers in college, I admit it. As far as the movie, I expect a lot of action. Michael Bay is making the movie, he made The Island, Bad Boys, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon, and he was the guy behind the original Miami Vice tv series. The story might suck, but I expect a lot of explosions.
  • 04-02-2007, 10:37 AM
    Medley
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    Star Blazers? Was that some kind of Star Trek wannabe?

Young whelp!:p

Star Blazers was a Japanese animae that aired in the early 80's. It only ran for 3 seasons. We'll not likely see a resurgance, as the graphics that were considered cutting edge in the 80's are third rate by today's standards- at least that's the excuse the networks always give for not picking the reruns up. Could be I was just a geek in the early 80's.....:o

Anyway, here's a sample of the beginning and ending credits:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOW8uJxLlUQ
  • 04-03-2007, 01:43 PM
    poker
    Quote:

Cheetara was always kinda hot - in a girl cat kinda way

I was always torn between Cheetara, Teela from He-man, She-ra, Baroness (GIJOE), and Smurfette.

I was a bad little boy in the '80s. :devil:
  • 04-03-2007, 04:37 PM
    Frog
    I think my kids watched transformers...I never did.
  • 04-03-2007, 09:31 PM
    almo
    Quote:

Sweet.

I like the treatment they gave it. The only thing I don't like already is the fact that they lost the original "transforming" sound and replaced it with some creepy, digital noise. And, I heard Megatron is now a stealth bomber? Anyway, I definietely look forward to this one!

Autobots forever!

I am a huge Decepticon fan! I always loved Starscream, and oh yeah, the Insecticons! Gawd I love it all!!!

:D:D:D

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...starscream.jpg
  • 04-03-2007, 11:07 PM
    walterick
    Dude, Teela :D :thumbsup:
  • 04-04-2007, 06:04 AM
    adina
    When I was little I had all the girls dolls. The ones from HeMan, GI Joe, you name it, I had the girl doll.

My favorite was one of the bad guys from GI Joe, she had red hair and skin that changed color in the sun. I think the story was her and her brothers lived in the swamp. Her brother had long dark hair...now that I think about it, he was kinda hot.
  • 04-04-2007, 06:05 AM
    adina
    Quote:

Originally Posted by almo
    I am a huge Decepticon fan! I always loved Starscream, and oh yeah, the Insecticons! Gawd I love it all!!!

:D:D:D

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...starscream.jpg

Hey, that does kinda look like me. And I make the cool transforming sounds, no creepy digital noise for me.
  • 04-04-2007, 09:03 AM
    poker
    Quote:

My favorite was one of the bad guys from GI Joe, she had red hair and skin that changed color in the sun. I think the story was her and her brothers lived in the swamp. Her brother had long dark hair...now that I think about it, he was kinda hot.

Hehehehhe.....cool...

You had the character named ZARANA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zarana
  • 04-04-2007, 02:18 PM
    Jaedon
    Ok I jsut watched teh trailer agian for about the 200th time... and I am all set now to see this. It looks like even if the story sucks it will be entertaining.
  • 04-04-2007, 10:54 PM
    walterick
    Dear god there's a wikipedia entry for EVERYTHING now!
  • 04-04-2007, 10:55 PM
    walterick
    My sister used to have My Little Ponies and I had GI Joe and we used to play together nicely. Right up until the point where the machine guns came out. I always won.
  • 04-05-2007, 01:26 AM
    poker
    Quote:

Dear god there's a wikipedia entry for EVERYTHING now!

Tell me about it. I haven't bought a comic in years but I still know what's going on in Marvel and DC thanks to WIKIpedia :)

The only thing it doesn't list is the FUTURE!
  • 04-05-2007, 06:47 AM
    adina
    Yes! That was her!

I had the ponies too. What's funny is that they are cool again, my kids must have about 40 of them.
  • 04-05-2007, 10:28 AM
    poker
    Quote:

What's funny is that they are cool again, my kids must have about 40 of them.

I was surprised to see them make a come back and without a cartoon to push the product. They had a cartoon back then.....not that I watched it or anything ...ahem. Didn't they come after JEM on Saturday mornings.......not that I watched JEM or anything ...ahem.

The toy industry is one hell of a business....
  • 04-05-2007, 12:53 PM
    walterick
    Haha I remember JEM. And Strawberry Shortcake.

I am surprised at how many of the 80's toys have made comebacks. Transformers, GI Joe, My Little Pony, Voltron, Care Bears, He-Man, they all have been recycled through in the last 5 years or so. Just goes to show ya, we had all the best toys :D Power Rangers and Barney just didn't have what it takes.

The Power Puff Girls were the bomb diggity though.

Oh, and Tiny Toons!
  • 04-05-2007, 01:41 PM
    adina
    Yeah, I was going to say, JEM was with a J. My neighbor had all the JEM dolls, and I was soo jealous.

Fyi...they do have cartoon/movies for the ponies, we've got one. And a little bag, and a towel, and a dance studio, and a little moped...
  • 04-05-2007, 01:43 PM
    poker
    The MIGHTY GOBOTS never made a come back.. I always thought Leader1 was pretty cool. I use to record that cartoon and slowmo the transformation. The cartoonist actually followed the transformation mechanics of the toy unlike the Transformers cartoon.

Transformers were better in everyway of course.

I doubt anyone remembers the short lived ORBOTs. They used a lot of anime style animation for an all american cartoon. I liked that one but it only lasted less than one season.
  • 04-05-2007, 10:56 PM
    walterick
    A horse on a moped? Gimmee a break.

Now, a bunch of lion robots that combine to form one big robot and kill alien monsters, that's what I'm talkin about :D
  • 04-05-2007, 10:58 PM
    walterick
    I remember the Gobots. Thanks for reminding me of them.

Does anyone remember Tranzor-Z? The girl robot had boobs that used to shoot out as missiles. Yeah, our mom used to love it when we watched that one.
  • 04-05-2007, 11:01 PM
    almo
    I liked the Snorks.
  • 04-05-2007, 11:47 PM
    almo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by manacsa

I doubt anyone remembers the short lived ORBOTs. They used a lot of anime style animation for an all american cartoon. I liked that one but it only lasted less than one season.

I remember the ORBOTs. They had strikingly good animation for something from the 80s. It's a shame that show didn't make it. There were some corny bits, like the hair metal theme song and the cheezy anouncer. "Can the the Galactic Patrol, defender of the United Planets, stop the evil computer Umbra? YOU BET THEY CAN!", but the show had a lot of potential.

BTW.. The animation was anime like because it was anime. ORBOTs was a Japanese import.
  • 04-06-2007, 09:04 AM
    adina
    Quote:

A horse on a moped? Gimmee a break.

Now, a bunch of lion robots that combine to form one big robot and kill alien monsters, that's what I'm talkin about :D

Oh please. She looks very stylish with her helmet and driving glasses. I'll post a photo when I get back.
  • 04-06-2007, 09:30 AM
    walterick
    Have fun! Let us know if you run into Cap'n Jack.
  • 04-07-2007, 06:00 PM
    Medley
    Quote:

Does anyone remember Tranzor-Z? The girl robot had boobs that used to shoot out as missiles. Yeah, our mom used to love it when we watched that one.

Her name was Aphrodite A:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...AphroditeA.jpg

-Joe U.