Australia --- The Movie

Printable View

• 12-02-2008, 08:46 PM
    PRB
    Australia --- The Movie
    I thought it was old fashioned EPIC proportioned WONDERFUL but, what do I know?

What did you think?
  • 12-03-2008, 03:14 PM
    walterick
    Re: Australia --- The Movie
    I liked it. It was loooong. And it kinda came in 2 parts. The first 20 minutes bored me, the next hour thrilled me, and the last hour was so-so. Overall, I think worth seeing though!

Rick
  • 12-03-2008, 05:27 PM
    Wild Wassa
    There is a movie about Australia? WOW. 'Snakes on a Plane'? ... I've seen it.

NOW that is a real movie about our everyday life in Australia. Snakes, I hope the movie has many deadly snakes, this would be most apt. Then I'd feel much at home in a movie theatre and I'd sit with my feet up on the chair in the movies ... like I do normally do at home.

This whole country is an "old fashioned EPIC" and "loooong" must mean the long distances to get to anywhere, especially to go to the movies.

"... proportioned WONDERFUL?" ... A continent that's 7/8ths desert is not displaying the best of proportions possible.

In the movie did they do the 'scary dry' bits well? ... because 'scary dry' is done very well in Australia.

Warren.
  • 12-05-2008, 11:42 AM
    PRB
    No snakes Warren --- in part, its about cattle being sent all over the place and finally onto a big ship. Hugh Jackman plays the part of "Drover" the guy "droving" the cattle. So, no snakes --- but LOTS of cows! A powerful COW adventure!!! :D
  • 12-07-2008, 02:52 PM
    Wild Wassa
    PRB, "A powerful COW adventure!!! :D"

There are no powerful COW adventures to be had here. This is sheep country, that's no bull.

Nearly every day I have a powerful sheep adventure (I hope that this translates nicely). All of my neighbours are straight out of the movie Babe.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...andLambs-1.jpg

Also, the misconception many non Australians make about there being no snakes in the movie is, that they don't realize that the snakes are watching them. There are always snakes wandering onto film sets.

I hope this has fixed a few misconceptions about the real EPIC called Australia ... living here is like being in a movie. Or certainly about being in a docco about surviving drought.

Warren.
  • 12-09-2008, 03:45 PM
    PRB
    That's an AMAZING picture Warren -- I love it!

But, of course, there are no cows in Australia --- they ALL made it onto the big metal ship in the movie and sailed away....... Only the sheep are left. :wink:

And, you are absolutely correct about the snakes "watching" the movie, we have that here in Hollywood-land as well.
  • 12-09-2008, 05:46 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Wassa
    PRB, "A powerful COW adventure!!! :D"

There are no powerful COW adventures to be had here. This is sheep country, that's no bull.

Nearly every day I have a powerful sheep adventure (I hope that this translates nicely). All of my neighbours are straight out of the movie Babe.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...andLambs-1.jpg

Also, the misconception many non Australians make about there being no snakes in the movie is, that they don't realize that the snakes are watching them. There are always snakes wandering onto film sets.

I hope this has fixed a few misconceptions about the real EPIC called Australia ... living here is like being in a movie. Or certainly about being in a docco about surviving drought.

Warren.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an awesome photo! That is a prize winner if you ask me. You should post this on VF or somewhere so more people can view it. It's quite awesome!

I've looked at it a few times......and will go back again. I hope you have it hanging somewhere. :thumbsup:

I've heard good things about the movie.........however, the last "thing" mentioned is that it is long. Although everyone I've spoken to enjoyed it.

Liz
  • 12-10-2008, 02:30 PM
    Wild Wassa
    PBR, Thankyou, I'm glad that you like the shot.

Do you know? I've always wanted to be a cowboy, but I'm afraid to ride a big horse. Now I will use the excuse, that all the cows have been taken away in a big ship ... so now I'm afraid of big ships ... :rolleyes: .

We do have some cows here still. I went to the abbatoir to check them out and found some real live cowboys admiring cows. I'm guessing that they were also at the abbatoir to say "bon voyage?"

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...oys804JPEG.jpg

I am a sailor ... and I stay well clear of big ships. Unlike those bound for the live export trade and the beautiful South Eastern Australian forests destined to be made into little paper boxes for individual apples in Japan or cheap Chinese furniture. Did they show this reality in the movie?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...ldWassa/KK.png

Big ships have a lot to answer for in Australia.

Liz, thankyou. I think that the right two people have seen this sheep image so far.

Having the image hanging somewhere? These sheep are actually my neighbours. I'm guessing some would like to hang their neighbours. Fortunately I got to choose my neighbours. I see the sheep nearly every day ... unless I'm at sea keeping clear of big ships.

Warren
  • 12-11-2008, 03:17 AM
    danic
    I have yet to see the movie, but have travelled through Kunnunnurra, and spent a fair few years in the NT, I can definitely say that part of the world is "God's Country".

I've only heard good things about the movie, so I will see it one day.

It is much better in real life :)