PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    It's hurricane season... again...

Anyone from Vermont? Need travel help...

Next weekend my hubby and I will be in Manchester, Vermont for a wedding- then we'll have one day on our own before we have to travel down to the airport in Hartford CT. I have never been to Vermont, so have no clue as to what we should see, especially given our limited time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

Re: Anyone from Vermont? Need travel help...

I have been through Vermont on the way to Canada a few times. I know there are no billboards and their state capital looks like a small village. There is lots of old world architecture and some great vistas with unspoiled views. If you like to shop I know there is some great outlet shopping up in there. Why not take a trip in to Mass. and visit the Holyoke mountains and the Potters Seat in Greenfield, Mass. You could also get a nice cold homemade beer from the People's Pint.

Z
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Thanks Z! I guess I hadn't thought about heading south for the day, but that's actually a pretty smart idea. I'm mostly interested in beautiful scenery. My husband is mostly interested in the beer.

So, we'll see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

If you need any directions on how to get down to Greenfield, let me know and I'll see if I can help you out. My sis works at the pub I was telling you about by the way. The Holyoke's are really gorgoeus this time of year, and I'm willing to bet that you could probably see some bear or a moose or two. Oh and my recommendation on the beer would be the Summer Honey Wheat or the Farmer Brown Ale. Both are delicious and organic.

Z
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Thanks again Z- looking forward to it!
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

Thread Information