PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Anyone seen one of these....they're cool

http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/

I try finding local dealers but the sites they give me are for boats or dirt bikes.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Re: Anyone seen one of these....they're cool

LOL...the local lawn mower dealer is the closest dealer to me. They are cool looking tho. I have noticed some scoffing from motorcycle purist, but I think there's probably a pretty decent market for them. Especially if gas prices continue to rise.

I've actually seen one of them running around Birmingham. It's basically a snowmobile with wheels. The Can-Am name was bought out by Bombardier, so I'm sure you could find it anywhere you could find their other products (atvs, snowmobiles).
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

Took one for a spin this summer at a dealers demo day. Didnt feel comfortable on it. Also the price tag is a big stopper $15,995. Power is so-so. Turning felt like it was gonna toss ya off. If you snowmobile alot, it probably wouldnt bother ya, but I dont like that feeling (one reason I dont have a sled). Almost seen two people in front of me collide when they forgot they are on wider vehicles than bikes when they wanted to talk to eachother.

Frog. this would eliminate the need for those uncool training wheels that may be needed on a regular bike, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I do understand they take a bit getting used to, especially if you're used to riding a motorcycle. As a used to be bike rider who can no longer enjoy that thrill, I thought they might be a cool alternative and easier to carry camera gear on.

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul, three wheels move both?
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

I dont know if this retarded feature of the spyder is just on the demo units they truck around the country, but on the display you have to wait for a scrolling safety message and you have to push a button everytime you want to start the trike. Something I find completely absurd.

I have seen them around Detroit area for a while and they look OK. I have not rode one yet, but I can see why people who are not motorcycle folks may ride one. I would NOT, but that is because I am a Harley rider (maybe if Harley developed one).

Looks like they might catch on....

Phil
    Support those who protect us:
    www.ODMP.org

Thread Information