• 10-22-2008, 04:30 PM
    Frog
    Anyone seen one of these....they're cool
    http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/

I try finding local dealers but the sites they give me are for boats or dirt bikes.
  • 10-22-2008, 09:14 PM
    frleal70
    Re: Anyone seen one of these....they're cool
    LOL...the local lawn mower dealer is the closest dealer to me. They are cool looking tho. I have noticed some scoffing from motorcycle purist, but I think there's probably a pretty decent market for them. Especially if gas prices continue to rise.
  • 10-23-2008, 04:06 PM
    brmill26
    I've actually seen one of them running around Birmingham. It's basically a snowmobile with wheels. The Can-Am name was bought out by Bombardier, so I'm sure you could find it anywhere you could find their other products (atvs, snowmobiles).
  • 10-23-2008, 11:26 PM
    RP Racing
    Took one for a spin this summer at a dealers demo day. Didnt feel comfortable on it. Also the price tag is a big stopper $15,995. Power is so-so. Turning felt like it was gonna toss ya off. If you snowmobile alot, it probably wouldnt bother ya, but I dont like that feeling (one reason I dont have a sled). Almost seen two people in front of me collide when they forgot they are on wider vehicles than bikes when they wanted to talk to eachother.
  • 10-24-2008, 05:31 AM
    Grandpaw
    Frog. this would eliminate the need for those uncool training wheels that may be needed on a regular bike, Jeff
  • 10-24-2008, 07:44 AM
    Frog
    I do understand they take a bit getting used to, especially if you're used to riding a motorcycle. As a used to be bike rider who can no longer enjoy that thrill, I thought they might be a cool alternative and easier to carry camera gear on.

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul, three wheels move both?
  • 10-25-2008, 12:59 AM
    RP Racing
    I dont know if this retarded feature of the spyder is just on the demo units they truck around the country, but on the display you have to wait for a scrolling safety message and you have to push a button everytime you want to start the trike. Something I find completely absurd.
  • 10-26-2008, 08:19 AM
    ciddog91
    I have seen them around Detroit area for a while and they look OK. I have not rode one yet, but I can see why people who are not motorcycle folks may ride one. I would NOT, but that is because I am a Harley rider (maybe if Harley developed one).

Looks like they might catch on....

Phil