PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Anyone See A Little Snow Somewhere?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Biggest Sasonal Snowfall in History here in the mid-Atlantic states. We didn't just pass by, we blew up the old historical record for snowfall in a season in Maryland. The season isn't even over yet. It reminds me of the snow I used to see up on the mountain passes in Colorado. Maryland is not prepared for this.

The two colleges I work at have been shut down since Feb, 6 and won't reopen until at least Feb 14th. Yeah, one college tried to open up this Tuesday but had to shut down early when the second huge snowstorm hit that afternoon.

But good news: there is yet another storm arriving Monday night. Luckily, its a small one, only 5 - 8 inches. Whew! At least it's not another 2-footer.
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Anyone See A Little Snow Somewhere?

I thought we'd get more of these storm pics too but maybe a lot of us don't have power to get on the internet.

Not being political but a lot of nay sayers are saying it proves global warming isn't true when it actually is another sign that it is....bigger storms.
    What I see on the news is definitely a LOT of snow.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

We got hit Monday and Tuesday but it wasn't too bad. I think we ended up with somewhere around 8"-10". Haven't had time to take pics, been too busy with the snowblower.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    Not being political but a lot of nay sayers are saying it proves global warming isn't true when it actually is another sign that it is....bigger storms.
    The knowledge that most people have about science is really poor. I keep trying to tell people that weather and climate are not the same thing. They just roll their eyes.

The fact that global warming can cause an ice age just baffles many people. But hey, last decade was the warmest in recorded history. This decade I bet we'll beat it.
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

Dyslexics of the world Untie! Nicci's Avatar
    Land of Vikings and Salty Black Licorice and ABBA!

We just have a nice 4-6 inches of SnIce and are expecting more snow tonight. Should make getting to the bus station just that much more enjoyable.

All opinions expressed by this person are purely that, opinions which means she doesn't actually know anything about photography.
    Nikon D90 newbie
    --------------------------------------
    My sad little flickr account
    My project 365

It's gone cold again in Europe, too, minus 3 this morning. Just a sprinkle of snow yesterday, nothing to get worked up about. Nearly ran into the back of the car in front this morning on a patch of ice.

The weather this decade has gone - awry. We had the two hurricanes at the end of 1999, the long hot summer in 2003 and now the long cold winter this year. It doesn't prove anything but - I try to reduce my CO2 output by using cars and planes less.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

We got totally gypped. No snow since mid January. Sucks. Makes the ass end of winter so much harder to take.

Dyslexics of the world Untie! Nicci's Avatar
    Land of Vikings and Salty Black Licorice and ABBA!

Quote Originally Posted by Franglais
    It's gone cold again in Europe, too, minus 3 this morning. Just a sprinkle of snow yesterday, nothing to get worked up about. Nearly ran into the back of the car in front this morning on a patch of ice.

The weather this decade has gone - awry. We had the two hurricanes at the end of 1999, the long hot summer in 2003 and now the long cold winter this year. It doesn't prove anything but - I try to reduce my CO2 output by using cars and planes less.
    The news program here was showing Paris last night. Looked so nice with all the snow falling. Granted the Eiffel Tower was completely whited-out.

All opinions expressed by this person are purely that, opinions which means she doesn't actually know anything about photography.
    Nikon D90 newbie
    --------------------------------------
    My sad little flickr account
    My project 365

Thread Information