• 03-09-2009, 10:47 PM
    LightBright
    Anyone into Radio Control here?
    Hi

Before photography, I was really really into Radio Control cars and helicopters. I was actually more of a nut about it. Was wondering if photographyreview.com has any RC freaks lol

I might get back into the hobby and combine photography to it. Like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzEUz...e=channel_page

Well not exactly mabye a cheeper version and not video lol
  • 03-10-2009, 03:39 PM
    mjs1973
    Re: Anyone into Radio Control here?
    I have often thought of getting an RC helicopter to attach a P&S camera too, but can't justify the cost. I know Tyson use to mount a P&S to an RC airplane, but I don't know if he's still doing that or not.
  • 03-10-2009, 08:10 PM
    Frog
    I remember those shots Tyson did. If you like searching, they were in the viewfinder forum.
  • 03-10-2009, 09:26 PM
    RP Racing
    Yep. Started with planes though. Raced onroad pan 1/10th scale, buggy offroad. Flew planes ranging from .25 to my old pride and joy .91 ducted fan F105D Thunderchief (sold back in 87 :( ). Have a 3.5cc tunnel boat also now. Dont use it much. A helo has been tempting me, but dont have time for it nor the room to fly one now. My flying field turned into a housing development and the local RC AMA chapter is full of retarded, stuck up pr*cks.
  • 03-11-2009, 05:12 AM
    mjs1973
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog
    I remember those shots Tyson did. If you like searching, they were in the viewfinder forum.

I found the threads, but all of the images are gone from them...
  • 03-11-2009, 09:45 PM
    LightBright
    Wow glad to see Im not the only one :)

"Yep. Started with planes though. Raced onroad pan 1/10th scale, buggy offroad. Flew planes ranging from .25 to my old pride and joy .91 ducted fan F105D Thunderchief (sold back in 87 ). Have a 3.5cc tunnel boat also now. Dont use it much. A helo has been tempting me, but dont have time for it nor the room to fly one now. My flying field turned into a housing development and the local RC AMA chapter is full of retarded, stuck up pr*cks."

That’s quite a collection, especially the F105D! Same here, im finding it diffcult to find time for this hobby. I have had a T-max than got a e-max since the the T was to loud for the neighbors, than I got a blade cp, minititan e325 and a cypher 3d. Both the cypher and mini are not flying due to not having enough time and effort to complete the kits. All I need for the minititan is just to solder the batteries and I should be off and flying, but school is really putting a hold on things. ccpm Helicopters are absolute hell to set-up and get perfect that’s why I actually want to get into simple air planes in the summer. Maybe a flying wing, something cheep and simple to get me started in fixed wing, than will try to move up into gliders. But ya, summer is the only season I will be able to fly.

Sucks about the flying fields, like theres not any other place to put homes lol.

"I found the threads, but all of the images are gone from them..."

Im searching for it now. Though the pics are gone atleast there are people interested in this kind of stuff.
  • 03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
    SmartWombat
    I've got a part built junior 60 up in the attic.
    Maybe I ought to complete it, it would make a really stable camera platform.
    It would carry about 1/2lb of payload, so extra battery capacity, pan/tilt head on the r/c, 2.4GHz downlink from the camera video out ... might make a summer project.
  • 03-16-2009, 11:09 PM
    LightBright
    SmartWombat that would be a awsome project. If only summer was now rather than later...