PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Looking for a book

I'm trying to track down a book that I read 20 years ago. I don't know the author, or the title. This is what I do remember. The story was about a Native American boy. I think he was trained to break horses but I'm not sure. He went on to become a famous bareback bronk rider in the rodeo. He would sometimes stay on a horse for so long that the horse would collapse from exhaustion and sometimes die. I think the boy ends up getting killed in the rodeo at the end of the book, but I'm not sure. The version I had was a paperback, and the cover was green with a sketch of horse on it, I think.

Does this story sound familiar to anyone? Any idea how to track down a book with such little info?
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

GB1

Re: Looking for a book

When the Legends Die.

Good book - read it when I was a kid.

http://www.amazon.com/When-Legends-D.../dp/0553257382
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Looking for a book

That's it!! Thanks GB.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thread Information