PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

What'd you do over Memorial Day?

Saturday we went out (movie marathon, hence the reviews) which was nice. Putzed around all day, then had a sitter in the evening.

Sunday we spent the day at my Grandma's. My little bro is home from California for the week, and we all went over to celebrate his birthday.

Monday, and this is the best one, my oldest learned to ride her bike with no training wheels. Saturday during the day, the worked on it with her dad, they practiced balancing and holding the handles straight, and Monday she asked if I would help her, so we went out, and within about a half hour, she was up and down the block on her own. No photos, as we did video. She is soo thrilled. She's been saying for a month now, that her goal for the summer is to learn to ride her two wheeler with no training wheels. (her exact words, she has goals) That she got it in a weekend, before summer even started, is so thrilling to her. So then we went out to celebrate.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: What'd you do over Memorial Day?

Tell her congratulations from me!

My gf's sister and 2 toddlers were in town this weekend. So it was "chase babies, change babies, pull babies out of pool, take babies away from cactus, take babies away from rocks where there might be scorpions," etc. And they didn't even stay here! We went to a water resort on Saturday for all the kids. That was fun. Her sister went back to Cali on Sunday.

Then yesterday I went out and did a suicide hike from our house up the tallest local mountain here Squaw Peak. That took about 3 hours. My gf came and rescued me from the parking lot

Last night consisted of spaghetti and salad and watching Over the Hedge until bedtime.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What'd you do over Memorial Day?-avery-pool.jpg   What'd you do over Memorial Day?-amel-pool.jpg   What'd you do over Memorial Day?-hike.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

This is an easy one. Went to Nashville! My grandson Jack was celebrating his 1st birthday. Grandma and Pop were on had to help. As a bonus he decide to let us see his first unassited steps. It was a great weekend.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Saturday: Helped my gf's parents work on some landscaping projects, went to the pool, and cooked out hamburgers and drank beer.

Sunday: Went to to see X-MEN 3 with my gf and her brother. Ate at Chili's, and then had ice cream at cold stone creamery. Went back to her house and watched more movies and ate chicken that her dad roasted.

Monday: Hung out at the pool all day with the gf. Cooked out ribs, and drank more beer.

Z
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

I guess I had the most fun! I spent the holidays creating PowerPoints for the calculus-based physics course I'm teaching. All that wonderful equation editor work...
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

Pentax Forum Moderator

Lets see...Friday...mowed the grass, sprayed weed and grass killer, spread some weed and feed, sprayed for bugs...all to get ready to BBQ...
    Saturday...had ALL the grandkids by ourselves to spoil them rotten, until about 2:30...then the moms and dads showed up and we bbq'd. Kids (of all ages) slipped and slid, swam, had water fights, ate, and generally had tons of fun.
    Sunday, 3 of the grandkids and their mom and dad came over for more water fun and bbq'ing.
    Monday, we had to babysit 3 of the grandkids until about 2:30, then the other 2 grandkids and their mom and dad came over about 4:30 for some bbq'ing and visiting. Well, that was about it...hehehe...
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Saturday, played rock star with my band - well, I guess that counts for part of Sunday AM too. Monday, went kayaking on an area river (22 of us!). Paddled past the Bald Eagle nest we saw last year and saw two juveniles at the nest and one of the adults fly overhead. Got off the water just in time to miss the thunderstorm. Pretty cool weekend - now back at work to take a break!

Liz

Saturday afternoon I managed to get to NYC for a few hours - took some "snapshots" on the Intrepid. Nothing to write home about.

Sunday - went for a ride to PA in the afternoon. We checked out some art exhibits - that was fun. I was surprised at the asking price of some of the artwork ($$$$$$$). Some of it was good - others, well........

Monday - took a long nap in the afternoon. Had dinner with friends. Quiet day.

Tuesday.........back to the drawing board. :thumbsup:

Liz

Beer Brats

Did nothing for most of the day and then cooked these suckers up. These are the leftovers. Might be lunch, today

Photo was taken with the Samsung Pro815, a very interesting camera. I'm shooting studio tests with it right now and then I'll be sending it on to Larry Greenhill to review.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What'd you do over Memorial Day?-_h100094.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Liz

Wow! I didn't know you had it in you, Rick! What a trip.......I hope you are rested!

Liz

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

I used to be able to do hikes like that while sleep walking ;) Not anymore! Of course, the fact that it hit 92 or so while I was out didn't help. All hiking in Phoenix until November has to occur between 6 and 10am
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Friday....breakfast with friends, evening ball game.
    Saturday...trimmed the yard, evening ballgame and karaoke (no, I didn't sing) bar.
    Sunday....afternoon ballgame
    Monday...wife surprised me with a couple of T-bones, so we grilled, and then I went to another afternoon ballgame. All in all, a great weekend

John

Somewhere north of US 10 and east of Wausau, WI, USA

Friday: Helped my GF move stuff back home
    Saturday: Took my GF shopping
    Sunday: Watched NASCAR race
    Monday: Birthday party for kid GF babysits, then barbeque

Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon Digital Rebel XT (backup)
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L