PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Paris Hilton released from jail

Is anyone surprised? Paris was released from jail this morning and sent home for "medical" reasons. According to TMZ,com, she refused to eat most of the food she was served. She has been fitted with an ankle bracelet, and will be confined to her home for 40 days. Locked in a huge mansion for 40 days doesn't sound much like punishment to me.

You can read the entire artcle here.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ton/index.html
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: Paris Hilton released from jail

I guess if everyone in prison refused to eat, it would cut down on the overcrowding problems.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

What a surprise

This sends a great message to the public
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

Come on people, the food was lousy! How do you expect a celebrity to survive on what the rest of us eat?

It is bad enough that this country treats drunk driving as a joke. The Rich and Famous get a free ride even when the "punishment" is minimal.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

I'm so pissed off. WTF? She's emaciated anyway. So she starves herself a little more. It's jail for god's sake. Not a 5 star restaurant!

What message does this drive home? Drunk driving is ok for the rich and famous. They really ARE above the law. This proves it.

This whole thing sickens me. Please. Someone lock me up in their mansion for 40 days. It would be so hard to take, but I might be able to stomach the food.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Well that spoiled rotten BRAT (I'd have preffered another "B" word) !!!!!
    I guess that area cop who got busted will get off too because he was known for busting people who drink and drive. I say lock up the judges..... especially the one who last year let a child molester off with a 6 month senrence....

I also think that to save taxpayer $$ there be some legal changes nationwide:

1: Inmates are fed bread and water only...maybe then they won't come back, some would rather be locked up rather than WORK for a living....they can starve to death for all I care.

2: Death penalty cases get ONE appeal within 6 months, and sentence carried out 24 hours after a failed appeal.....why pay to house, feed and provide medical services to a dead man for 15 to 20 years anyway? It just drains the economy...... We got one guy who killed a cop and he's up for execution next week... we have housed him for 15 years, yet he may get out of the death penalty ....BOOOOOOO! I say shoot the SOB, why give lethal injection when bullets are cheaper?

3: 10 to a cell, max cell 12' x10' ...let em sleep on the floor

4: NO TV......why should we pay for them to have cable TV!

5: Childmolesters get automatic death penalty.... no appeal...take em out back and shoot em as soon as they are found guilty.
    Theres more but you get the idea....

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    Well that spoiled rotten BRAT (I'd have preffered another "B" word) !!!!!
    I guess that area cop who got busted will get off too because he was known for busting people who drink and drive. I say lock up the judges..... especially the one who last year let a child molester off with a 6 month senrence....

I also think that to save taxpayer $$ there be some legal changes nationwide:

1: Inmates are fed bread and water only...maybe then they won't come back, some would rather be locked up rather than WORK for a living....they can starve to death for all I care.

2: Death penalty cases get ONE appeal within 6 months, and sentence carried out 24 hours after a failed appeal.....why pay to house, feed and provide medical services to a dead man for 15 to 20 years anyway? It just drains the economy...... We got one guy who killed a cop and he's up for execution next week... we have housed him for 15 years, yet he may get out of the death penalty ....BOOOOOOO! I say shoot the SOB, why give lethal injection when bullets are cheaper?

3: 10 to a cell, max cell 12' x10' ...let em sleep on the floor

4: NO TV......why should we pay for them to have cable TV!

5: Childmolesters get automatic death penalty.... no appeal...take em out back and shoot em as soon as they are found guilty.

JS
    LOL! I bet it felt good to get that off your chest. Some people would be serious though, thank goodness for the Bill of Rights... or at least what's left of it in this Era of the Bush.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

I remember hearing a story back in high school about a leader who solved the crime problem in his country. I don't remember the leader, or the country, or when this was supposed to have happened, but I do remember the method used in the story. Who knows if this is even true or not, but here it goes.

To solve the crime problem, this leader had ALL the criminals released, and ALL the prison torn down. In their place he build a new prison, with a single cell in it. If you were convicted of a crime, any crime, you were sentenced to that single cell. Once someone else was convicted of a crime, they were sentenced to that single cell, and the first person gets taken out, and executed. All of sudden there was some incentive to keep your butt out of jail.

Again, I don't know if this is a true story or not, but an interesting idea.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

LMAO! I'm so with you on this one!

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Going back to court in the morning

Sounds like a lot of people are upset about Paris being sent home. The judge has ordered her back to court in the morning.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

That would be fluggin great if they find that sheriff in contempt...LOL
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

The judge did say no ankle bracelet or other modified sentence so someone ignored his mandate.
    I heard she's having friends over tonight.
    Ah, the society we've created.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by mwfanelli
    LOL! I bet it felt good to get that off your chest. Some people would be serious though, thank goodness for the Bill of Rights... or at least what's left of it in this Era of the Bush.
    I am serious! And in my opinion, criminals HAVE NO RIGHTS! Part of the problem in this country is there are too many bleeding hearts for criminals and "their" rights but no one gives a rats a$$ about VICTIMS. While a criminal gets a sentence complete with three meals a day, TV and free medical care the victim is stuck paying for a crime they didn't commit. Hell, the criminal even gets a friggin job and warm bed at night while the victim has to pay to keep the criminal behind bars and pay their own living expenses as well.
    Oh, and drug dealers also get automatic death penalty....they are no better than child molesters.

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

This is going to get interesting. I hope they send her back.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

I hope the crybaby gets an extra year tacked on for "bad behavior" and the Sheriff gets a year for allowing her release, as well as being FIRED!

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Hollyweird.......what a country.

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    I am serious! And in my opinion, criminals HAVE NO RIGHTS! Part of the problem in this country is there are too many bleeding hearts for criminals and "their" rights but no one gives a rats a$$ about VICTIMS. While a criminal gets a sentence complete with three meals a day, TV and free medical care the victim is stuck paying for a crime they didn't commit. Hell, the criminal even gets a friggin job and warm bed at night while the victim has to pay to keep the criminal behind bars and pay their own living expenses as well.
    Oh, and drug dealers also get automatic death penalty....they are no better than child molesters.

JS
    In this country, prisoners DO have rights as outlined by the Constitution. The Constitution was written so that one person, or a group of people, could not take it upon themselves to decide on bizzarre and sadistic punishments as was done in England at the time.

Yes, prisoners do get three meals a day, a bed, medical care, a job for pennies an hour (literally)... This is the cost of locking people up in a republic. Yeah, we could go primitive and start chopping off hands, heads, etc. as punishment but what would that make us? Perhaps stoning should be brought back?

Yes, victims are often forgotten. I still remember the huge amount of nonsense here about that killer (the name I have forgotten) who was being called "reformed" because he wrote a few children's books while on death row. Not a single person, other than myself, even mentioned the victims. But you don't solve the victim's problems by violent and cruel punishments. Who does an execution fix? Who does it heal? Who does it bring back from the dead? You execute people to make sure there is no chance they can kill again. You spend the time and effort to make sure that those executed are truly guilty. Execution just doesn't apply to other crimes unless you want to live in Orwell's 1984.

Other amenities, such as TV and exercise equipment, is NOT for the prisoner's benefit! If you lock someone up with absolutely no outlet, the population will become extremely violent and brutal with a feeling of nothing to lose. Those "play" things are provided to protect the guards and make their lives easier. It allows control by granting and withdrawing priviliges based on behavior. Guards LIKE this stuff.

Execute drug dealers? You mean like tobacco execs and retailers? Let's see, tobacco kills almost three times as many people as all illegal drugs and drug activities combined. Or let's execute drunk drivers and those who sell alcohol. "Illegal" is a term relative to who is using which drug. Do you really want to execute someone who sells some grass to a friend?

I realize how frustrating it is when it seems as if every criminal, from illegal aliens to Paris Hilton to President Bush gets away free playing loose and free with the laws. They put themselves above the law while all we can do is sit and watch. I often express the same opinions as you do! But I know, rationally, that these ideas would lead to complete chaos and, ironically, a very lawless society. The Constitution is a remakable document because it took these "storms of irrationality" into consideration.

I remember that debate. Wasn't the guy some big gang banger? And he wrote the books to teach kids gangs are bad?

You're thinking of one of the Crips founders, Tookie Williams I think
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Yes, Tookie Williams it the guy.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Back to jail she goes

A judge ordered Paris back to jail today. According to the AP she was taken from court screaming.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html
    Last edited by mjs1973; 06-08-2007 at 02:42 PM.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Just saw that Michael And suddenly balance is restored in the universe...LOL These 2 pics had me cracking up:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/2...on_camw101.jpg
    http://www.drudgereport.com/phc.jpg
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

For someone who said that she was ready to face the consequences of her actions, I doubt she thought she would be facing them kicking & screaming like a spoiled rich girl.

I hope she learns a lot from this whole experience, but we'll see in about 42 days
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

taken in a sweatshirt and no makeup! Oh the horrors!

Did you see that the squad car that picked her up hit a reporter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information