Is anyone else exhausted?

Printable View

• 08-16-2005, 02:29 PM
    adina
    Is anyone else exhausted?
    I don't even want to leave my house! I have a meeting with a woman tonight who sells handmade frames to some local boutiques. She wants to use my images in the frames, so we are getting together to discuss some specifics. Although I know this could be a good thing, I am dragging to get ready to go.

If I could stay home and lay on the couch, watch Sex in the City reruns while I eat ice cream in my pj's, I'd be looking forward to the evening much more.

So what am I going to do? Drag my ass upstairs and get some real clothes on, pick up a latte and get on the ball. But that couch is looking mighty fine.

adina
  • 08-16-2005, 04:58 PM
    opus
    Re: Is anyone else exhausted?
    Been there, felt that .... but not at the moment. I'm quite filled with energy this week.

Friday, I drove to Campbellsport to see a play. Saturday, I drove to West Bend three times for various reasons. Sunday, I drove to Appleton to drop my son off at wakeboarding camp. Yesterday, I drove down to Waukesha to get mine and my husband's car serviced; did errands all day. Today, I drove back down to Brookfield to have lunch with my friend, with a stop at Froedtert. Tomorrow, I drive to Chicago.

Not tired (yet), but I'm tellin' ya, payin' for gas is painful!
  • 08-16-2005, 07:42 PM
    another view
    Exhausted? Well, not really - but having a hard time coping with reality after being on vacation for a week. Spending a week living outside and sleeping in a tent makes it difficult to go back to my cave of an office for eight hours a day... It's hard to get motivated to do that!

That does sound like a really good opportunity though. Pick up some Ben & Jerry's on the way home. ;)
  • 08-17-2005, 07:42 AM
    adina
    I'm feeling much better today.
  • 08-17-2005, 08:39 AM
    racingpinarello
    I am big time...
    The other day there was an amazing sunset with a lot of drama, and I was so tired that I could barely lift the controller for the tv. I have to finish up some marketing material, but just so tired that I don't have the energy to finish it.

Still on plan to leave the job, but it may be pushed out to a later date. Very frustrated at the moment..

I miss photography being free and clear where I could be spontaneous to shoot when I wanted. Hoping for a vacation to get rested and to just photograph what I want. Cannot wait.

Loren
  • 08-17-2005, 04:40 PM
    Liz
    Hmmmmmmm
    Glad you're feeling better, Adina. I'm exhausted right now. I have had about 2-3 migraines a week for the past few weeks. The day after the migraine I feel like I have a "hangover."

However, I'm doing okay with it all. Just looking forward to a vacation the end of September - and some photography.........YES!

In the meantime, I'm determined to get out and do some shooting in between migraines. :confused:

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    I'm feeling much better today.

• 08-17-2005, 05:17 PM
    racingpinarello
    Re: Hmmmmmmm
    Hi Liz,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing so many migranes. They are not pleasant and I hope that they go away soon.

I look forward to seeing your pictures from before and during your vacation. Where did you say that you were heading?

Loren
  • 08-17-2005, 06:33 PM
    Photo-John
    Oh Yeah
    I_am_beat - period.

I eat, sleep, work, and watch a bit of TV. I'm having a hard time getting motivated to do anything on the weekend. Life is very demanding. And being a confirmed procrastinator doesn't help.

I've recommitted to weekday bike rides. That helps. In spite of me feeling like it's time I could be working, I think it actually makes me more efficient and productive. If nothing else, it makes me feel better. And that makes people around me enjoy my company more...
  • 08-17-2005, 07:21 PM
    Liz
    Re: Hmmmmmmm
    Thanks Loren,

My headaches are triggered from my back and neck injuries I received in an auto accident 3 years ago when someone hit me head on. Thank goodness I was already stopped and he was going slow. I have to go back to the neurologist - I was doing very well for quite a while.

I'm going to Kennebunkport MN if all works out okay. I can't wait. I'm going with a friend who is taking an iconology class (she's an artist/painter). It's at a monastery so it will be quiet and peaceful. I'll be working on putting together some brochures - and of course, photography. :cool:

It's good to see you around some more these days.

Thanks for asking.

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by racingpinarello
    Hi Liz,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing so many migranes. They are not pleasant and I hope that they go away soon.

I look forward to seeing your pictures from before and during your vacation. Where did you say that you were heading?

Loren

• 08-18-2005, 12:00 AM
    Franglais
    Migraine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz
    Glad you're feeling better, Adina. I'm exhausted right now. I have had about 2-3 migraines a week for the past few weeks. The day after the migraine I feel like I have a "hangover."

However, I'm doing okay with it all. Just looking forward to a vacation the end of September - and some photography.........YES!

In the meantime, I'm determined to get out and do some shooting in between migraines. :confused:

Liz

I had a series of migraines in the morning last week when I was on holiday in Britanny at the InterCeltic Festival. I was sleeping too long - my body gets anxious if I'm not awake at 7am as usual. After I set the alarm all was fine.

I spent all week doing Breton dance classes - 4 hours a day. This is mentally exhausting when you have to learn something new and you're surrounded by people who know how to do it better. But by Friday I was happy with the progress I'd made.

I shot 4GB of pictures of the festival on the D70 and 4GB of video of the dancing on the Fuji F10 and the video is far more interesting than the stills. I'm discovering a new medium here.

Charles
  • 12-10-2005, 11:52 AM
    crotograph
    Just dialing through this part of the forum for the first time and came across all your posts. I must say thank you! I never realized, until now, reading these, how energized and viable I feel. Running out to my nearest "city" to buy some 120 B and W (Neopan) and heading into the country, about 3 minutes from my home. Want to photograph an old CCC bridge that was going to be torn down for a new "modern" bridge until we stopped the county from pants wiggle.

I got out of the rat race about 12 years ago and took a beating for the sudden drop in income. Know what, you can have the salaries. Of course, my younguns are all raised. I haven't felt this good since backpacking for 3 months through California and Oregon in the early Seventies.