PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Any other entrepreneur here? Need advice!

I own a small electronics shop. The shop next to me recently got defrauded. I was talking to the owner of that shop earlier and it made me really conscious of how I'm vulnerable to such risks too.

Unfortunately, I didn't understand half of what he said. He was ranting and was really speaking fast so i couldn't follow what he was saying. I think he had an IT company investigate what happened. It seems like he had several large purchases from a single ip address and he didn't notice this.

I'm thinking maybe I should hire a company or maybe tighten my security? Any tips on how I can monitor online orders? Is there a software that can do this?

I really don't want to be defrauded. Please help! Thanks.

Re: Any other entrepreneur here? Need advice!

Why don't you try hiring a freelance IT personnel to do the task? It may be another expense but definitely worth every centavo since we are talking about security here.

Smile Re: Any other entrepreneur here? Need advice!

Erm, no I'd rather not. It sounds risky to me.

Anyway, I have finally gotten hold of my neighbor yesterday and I asked him what he plans on doing to prevent the incident from happening again. He told me that he was advised to use the services of this company, tsys. I'll probably use their services too once everything's settled down. That is, once they've done whatever it is that they're going to do for my neighbor. Maybe they'll install some software for security?

Oh well, the security is risk is really inevitable.Anyway, good luck.

By the way, don't forget to post your review about your provider.Might be helpful for some too.

Quote Originally Posted by warmchirping View Post
    I own a small electronics shop. The shop next to me recently got defrauded. I was talking to the owner of that shop earlier and it made me really conscious of how I'm vulnerable to such risks too.

Unfortunately, I didn't understand half of what he said. He was ranting and was really speaking fast so i couldn't follow what he was saying. I think he had an IT company investigate what happened. It seems like he had several large purchases from a single ip address and he didn't notice this.

I'm thinking maybe I should hire a company or maybe tighten my security? Any tips on how I can monitor online orders? Is there a software that can do this?

I really don't want to be defrauded. Please help! Thanks.
    I think its hard to find that software, but you can easily found some developers who can track that orders of your through online.

Hmm Sorry i can not help you dear, but i can tell you after ask some of my Friends. They are Entrepreneur in their life, so i am Sure that they will help you definitely.

Well if he had purchases then he made moeny right or they faked orders and he sent goods or they paid with stolen credit cards?

In any case there is almoust nothing to do excpect to check all orders that come in and confirm via phone that order is valid.

Billing companies usualy find out fraud orders and cancel and redund in time.

No Sorry i can not help you

Thread Information