PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Disabled photography competition. Need the great heart and idea of yours!

Dear all,

I am going to arrange a disabled photography competition. However, I still do not have enough idea to kick start.

My aim is to involved the most number of people with disabilities to take part in the photographic event. To voice out to other people that the disabled could do anything if they want to. I also want to raise the most amount of money for the disabled photography society. In addition, I will sponsor the winners equipments.

I am thinking to rent a venue and sell the the winning pictures as charity and return the money to the disabled photography society but I am worried not enough people will know about the competition and of course would not buy the pictures. I recently got an idea of creating postcards.

Do you think I shall just let the all range photographers to take part in the competition and raise money for the disabled or just open group for the disabilities?
    Any idea of raising money for them?
    What topic would be suitable?

Many thanks
    Wolu

Re: Disabled photography competition. Need the great heart and idea of yours!

I received a new comment from another forum and had been notified there is a competition that held on 29.11.2009 for people with disabilities. I will attend to see what they have done and notify you guys accordingly. However, keep your ideas flying. Thanks

Wolu

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

What level of disability? Physical disabilities only or mental disabilities too?
    World wide or local? If you are sponsoring equipment, does that mean you are handing out p&s cameras to contestants or what?
    Any disabled person after deciding on first question or do they have to belong to a group?
    Is there a theme for the contest or is open? Who judges?
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Based on an exchange this last week of which Frog and myself were part of I think we would both qualify as mentaly disabled. :lol:

Seriously, I think that you could open it to all photogs and charge an entry fee of the rights to one copy of each photo submitted by disabled and rights to 2 copies for non disabled. Let the individuals decide if they are disabled or not.

Put the potographs that are likely to sell on E- Bay and auction them with a starting price of $10 to $50 as determined by your judges. E-Bay might even waive their fees. It is worth a try, and the photog whould mail or ups the photos. That way you would not have to handle the actual photos, and expenses would be held to a minimum.

Good Idea
    Bill,

Feel Free TO EDIT My Photos, But Please Tell Me Why
    I have gone over to the dark side, no more film.
    Canon T2i, 18-135 IS
    Digital Point&Shot - Canon Powershot A470

Thread Information