Another High $$$ Toy

Printable View

• 02-06-2009, 04:17 PM
    drg
    Another High $$$ Toy
    Guitars hero's don't look at this web site.

http://evhgear.com/wolfgang/

Yes, Eddie Van Halen has 'reinvented' the guitar. I gotta see one of these, though my picking skill are no where in this league I am certain.

It could be 'the last guitar you ever buy'!

Right . . . and I'll rent you some prime real estate with great development potential in a swamp in Central Florida.
  • 02-06-2009, 05:34 PM
    mjs1973
    Re: Another High $$$ Toy
    I saw a piece on TV about this the other day. Looks pretty cool. They said that some of the parts are custom made by a company that makes surgical equipment.
  • 02-10-2009, 06:20 PM
    another view
    I saw in the CNN article a few days ago that he said something about stainless steel frets because they won't wear - call me skeptical. Stainless can be incredibly hard, but then they're getting pounded into a wooden neck which will move a bit over time. I've seen some really high end necks do strange things, and not being (hardly) able to dress the frets would make some poor repair tech about go nuts.

And last guitar ever? Yeah - last camera/computer/car/anything else. The number of instruments I've owned is higher than the number of years I've been playing (over 20).
  • 02-19-2009, 03:09 AM
    RP Racing
    Just started playing around with a guitar on and off for the last 2 yrs. I built mine myself though. Simple strat with dual Seymour Duncan Distortions.

As for Eddie. Not a fan. Dont care for him. Heard a LOT better guitarists than him.
  • 02-19-2009, 07:10 AM
    draymorton
    Looks awesome, actually. The Frankenstein redux sounds great.

Used to be a HUGE VH fan. Met Eddie in '88. My interest has waned considerably over the decades, though just recently I've started to appreciate his artistry all over again. He really is an incredibly unique player, even beyond the tapping stuff.

One of the things I noticed from the site (other than the guitar) is how comparatively good Eddie looks these days. He looked like Dracula a few years back.
  • 02-26-2009, 07:03 PM
    hgld101
    It looks great, I want to get one...