• 08-09-2008, 09:48 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Actor Bernie Mac dead at 50...
    One of my favorite comic actors. I knew he was ill, but it's still a huge shock:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ory?id=5546912
  • 08-09-2008, 11:11 AM
    mjs1973
    Re: Actor Bernie Mac dead at 50...
    Wow, I had no idea he was sick...
  • 08-09-2008, 12:29 PM
    Photo-John
    Most of the time I don't get excited about celebrity obituaries. But I think Bernie Mac was special. He was hilarious but he also cut through things to touch your heart. At least he did for me. Fifty is too young to go. But he gave a lot and I'm grateful to have seen his work.
  • 08-09-2008, 07:43 PM
    frleal70
    A terrible loss. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
  • 08-10-2008, 09:15 AM
    ciddog91
    WOW.. I did not hear this. I am not a star struck kinda guy, but this is a little different. I thought his material was great and his range of talent was awesome. He could bring home comedy in kids movies or adult movies and standup. He was a good one.

His comedy will surely be missed, as well as his heartfelt side.
  • 08-11-2008, 05:11 AM
    walterick
    I just heard this last night and was shocked! So sudden to hear that he is just gone...
  • 08-11-2008, 08:34 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Yeah, and now Isaac Hayes...
    Isaac Hayes dead at 65. Possibly the coolest cat ever. What's funny is that a generation is going to remember him more as the character Chef on South Park than as a singer/songwriter...

Oh, and this interesting bit from the wires:

"In a tragic twist of fate, Hayes most recently filmed a small role playing himself in the upcoming movie Soul Man, starring Bernie Mac, who died yesterday at the age of 50 from pneumonia..."
  • 08-11-2008, 09:10 AM
    mjs1973
    Re: Yeah, and now Isaac Hayes...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    What's funny is that a generation is going to remember him more as the character Chef on South Park than as a singer/songwriter...

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Oh, and this interesting bit from the wires:

"In a tragic twist of fate, Hayes most recently filmed a small role playing himself in the upcoming movie Soul Man, starring Bernie Mac, who died yesterday at the age of 50 from pneumonia..."

I smell a conspiracy theory. :)