PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    Liz

Question about Paypal

I've used Paypal for about a year now - for about 8-10 transactions. I was never charged for the money I received on a transaction. I did have to pay a small fee for an overseas transaction last year. However, now I'm getting charged for each transaction. I can't find the information on their website. Before I call them tomorrow, I thought maybe someone here might know the answer. If it is their policy, why wouldn't they have always charged me?

This is not a complaint, just trying to get some information and clarification - or a link to their website where it explains it.

Thanks.
    Liz

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Question about Paypal

I have only ever used PP to send money, so I have never been charged a fee. It has always been my understanding that the person who is receiving money via PP is charged a fee. According to the user agreement on the PP site, the standard fee is 2.9%. Here is the link.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Liz

Re: Question about Paypal

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    I have only ever used PP to send money, so I have never been charged a fee. It has always been my understanding that the person who is receiving money via PP is charged a fee. According to the user agreement on the PP site, the standard fee is 2.9%. Here is the link.
    Mike - thanks. This is what I understood at the beginning when I first signed up over a year ago. However, when they never charged me for any transactions (most of which were me selling things), I thought maybe I didn't spend enough or something to be charged. At any rate, I'm not complaining, just surprised this is the first time I ever had a charge show up - other than an overseas transaction.

Maybe it was a glitch in the system. Whatever it was - I'll be grateful for what I got for nothing when I got it!

Thanks.....

Liz

Thread Information