PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Thread: 24 on FOX

24 on FOX

Any Jack Bauer fans out there? I just watched the first 4 hours straight last night on my DVR. It was pretty intense. There are some news reports about the last episode being too controversial.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Somewhere north of US 10 and east of Wausau, WI, USA

Re: 24 on FOX

I love 24. The season premiere was great.

But I hate Fox and NBC. They put two of my favorite shows in the same time slot and I don't have a DVR.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon Digital Rebel XT (backup)
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0
    Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

Quote Originally Posted by masdog
    I love 24. The season premiere was great.

But I hate Fox and NBC. They put two of my favorite shows in the same time slot and I don't have a DVR.
    Use your old VCR or buy a $30 VCR and you can record one show while watching the other.

Can you believe what happened to Curtis!!!
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

LOVE 24! Jack's the man!
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Jack's brother and father totally had me fooled!!!
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

I wish they wouldn't have gone down this road for season 6. It's really close to jumping the shark, and its almost painful to watch as they jump through even greater hoops to justify the story.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

But I hate Fox and NBC. They put two of my favorite shows in the same time slot and I don't have a DVR...
    If you mean Heroes, I'm with ya. Love that show too. I stopped watching it when the new season of my favorite show, 24 started.

All is not lost. Sci-Fi Channel reruns Hero on a fairly regular basis. And you can watch all the episodes in their entirety on NBC's web site (need broadband connection).

Last night I caught up with the last two episodes (that I missed because I was watching 24!)
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    If you mean Heroes, I'm with ya. Love that show too. I stopped watching it when the new season of my favorite show, 24 started.

All is not lost. Sci-Fi Channel reruns Hero on a fairly regular basis. And you can watch all the episodes in their entirety on NBC's web site (need broadband connection).

Last night I caught up with the last two episodes (that I missed because I was watching 24!)
    Yeah, we love HEROES but not as much as 24. We DVR both but like to watch 24 live. I catch up with Heroes later on like maybe tonight.

MASDOG, I'm not sure what you mean about the direction 24 is taking. Are you saying they are putting all their eggs in one season? Wow....one metaphor to explain another metaphor....:idea:
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Manasca, I'm not saying they're putting their eggs in one basket. I don't like the direction the plot has taken.

The first four episodes of the season were great, but then they took us away from the main plot and gave us a glimpse into Jack's screwed up family life. The father and brother of America's top counter-terrorist agent are terrorists? That's just too screwed up to believe.

And on top of that - Morris, the shoe salesman who could write code to enhance a microphone in the last season and now one of CTU's top analysts, is also the one guy in all of LA who has the skills to reprogram Russian Nukes. And knowing that there are other nukes out there, he is allowed to leave work because he gets a call that his brother is in the hospital.

Its also nice to know that Jack has another kid, but that won't come out until later in the season.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

Its also nice to know that Jack has another kid, but that won't come out until later in the season...
    Hmmm, did I miss this? I've watched the whole season so far, but don't remember a mention of it... :idea:

-Steve

www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Quote Originally Posted by manacsa
    I catch up with Heroes later on like maybe tonight...
    Yeah, I'm the same. I have to see 24 and it's twisted story unfold as it happens.

Heroes I don't mind missing and then catching up with during the week...

-Steve

www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Hmmm, did I miss this? I've watched the whole season so far, but don't remember a mention of it... :idea:
    They haven't said that Graham's kid is his yet, but they've telegraphed it. In Episode 5, the conversation between Graham and his wife showed that there were some feelings between her and Jack, and the kid looks more like Jack than either of the parents he knows (tall, blond, etc). If you know Jack's history, he's cheated on his wife up until season 1, and it wouldn't surprise me if he did it with his brother's wife.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

They haven't said that Graham's kid is his yet, but they've telegraphed it...
    Wow, pretty observant of you. Me, I let my mind go blank when I watch (which after all day on the computer is not hard at all), and have given up trying to guess where the plot is going to lead.

Last year, before the season's first episode, Fox's teasers said something shocking was going to happen to one of the main characters in the first ten minutes. Well, my guess was that President Palmer was going to be assassinated. And he was.

After that, I figured I'd retire while I was on top...

-Steve

www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

I sensed a disturbance in the force when they hinted of past affairs and this kid not looking like Graham. I guess you confirmed my gut feeling.

For everyone else stumbling on this 24 thread:

SPOILER WARNING

They haven't said that Graham's kid is his yet, but they've telegraphed it. In Episode 5, the conversation between Graham and his wife showed that there were some feelings between her and Jack, and the kid looks more like Jack than either of the parents he knows (tall, blond, etc). If you know Jack's history, he's cheated on his wife up until season 1, and it wouldn't surprise me if he did it with his brother's wife.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Manasca, I'm not saying they're putting their eggs in one basket. I don't like the direction the plot has taken.

The first four episodes of the season were great, but then they took us away from the main plot and gave us a glimpse into Jack's screwed up family life. The father and brother of America's top counter-terrorist agent are terrorists? That's just too screwed up to believe.

And on top of that - Morris, the shoe salesman who could write code to enhance a microphone in the last season and now one of CTU's top analysts, is also the one guy in all of LA who has the skills to reprogram Russian Nukes. And knowing that there are other nukes out there, he is allowed to leave work because he gets a call that his brother is in the hospital.
    Yeah, my wife and I are waching closely. It almost looks like Jack is facing the ultimate evil kinda like Luke discovering Vader is a close relative. We wil lhave have to see where this is going. In past seasons....there are always multiple antagonist.

Here is one point that ticked me off in past seasons. They always had an EVIL INSIDE MAN or WOMAN. I always told my wife, "what the hell is wrong with the human resources department there." CTU and the WHITE HOUSE both have had evil doers in the midst. I thought is was a plot twist very over used.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Make yourself a dang quesadilla! OBie's Avatar

24 addict here. Just found this thread (while looking for info on film scanners - go figure).

If CTU were really in charge of protecting us, I'd be moving to Switzerland NOW. They've got to be the most screwed up, untrusting, mismanaged bunch of 'agents' ever invented. Newcomers with instant security clearance for top secret data, Tony getting shot in the neck and recovering in a few hours to return to work, and there always seems to be a dirty insider (as mentioned above). And, no matter how many times Jack saves us, they never believe what he has to say. What does the man have to do to get them to believe?!

Jack's dad - never saw it coming! This season has had lots of last minute twists each week (except for last week, which was a yawner, IMO) - love it!

Don't . . . . mess . . . . with . . . . Jack. Curtis should've know this. When Jack tells you to drop your gun - DROP YOUR GUN!
    OBie. Not Obi-Wan, just OBie.

Quote Originally Posted by OBie
    Don't . . . . mess . . . . with . . . . Jack. Curtis should've know this. When Jack tells you to drop your gun - DROP YOUR GUN!
    My wife and I were scared when he started to question Graham's wife. We thought he was going to shoot her in the leg for answers

Remember when he had to interogate his x-girl last season?

Felt bad for Curtis though.....I wonder if that happens in real life?
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Make yourself a dang quesadilla! OBie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manacsa
    Remember when he had to interogate his x-girl last season?
    Yeah - Jack's not my first choice for 'ideal boyfriend' material. And he's getting a bit of an anger management problem. Maybe ought to seek help for that.
    OBie. Not Obi-Wan, just OBie.

I wish they wouldn't have gone down this road for season 6. It's really close to jumping the shark, and its almost painful to watch as they jump through even greater hoops to justify the story.
    Maybe it's the girl in me. I love seeing his Dad and brother. Wonder what holidays were like in the Bauer house.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

We went to a new trendy non-fat yogurt place in Hollywood. My wife didn't want any so she walked over to Starbucks. on her way back she noticed a slim man smoking a cig and singing to himself. It was Kiefer Sutherland!!!!! He walked in to the restaurant next door to the yogurt place. When we left the premises we peaked through the restaurant window and saw the man!!

Pretty cool!!
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Thread Information