PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

1948 cartoon worth watching

Take a few minutes and watch this video.wisdom from 62 years ago, Jeff

http://nationaljuggernaut.blogspot.c...d-in-1948.html
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Re: 1948 cartoon worth watching

Well...It's blatantly racist and not a little bit sexist. It is pretty typical of the communist fears that were running rampant at the end of WWII. Propaganda films such as this are fun to watch but also sad in a way: the method may have changed a bit but the scare tactics remain.

Added later: John Sutherland (John Sutherland Productions) was an "Invasion conspiratist" who was worried about invasions from everything from Communists to threats from outer space aliens. His films combined animation ranging from superb to lousy with a clear anti-communist message.

These films are funny now to those who know what was going on. Serious to those with the same bent of mind to this day. FWIW, I loved his "A is for Atom" as a kid, a cool atomic energy industry advertisement/film we watched in grade school.
    Last edited by mwfanelli2; 09-20-2010 at 12:03 PM.
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

Thread Information