Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>
    Check out our D300 Pro Review! deckcadet's Avatar

Talking Nikon D200 Trademark Filing :)

Don't know whether to post this in news/rumors, DSLRs, or here for max exposure, but might as well start here.
    On July 14, 2005, and appearing today on their website, The United States Patent and Trademark office processed a filing by Nikon Corporation Japan, with the same address and attorney of record as previous filings, for the trademark D200!
    http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...ate=a17be9.2.1
    Don't worry that it hasnt been published for opposition or fully registered.
    The Nikon D100 was filed 3/02, published for opposition in 2/03, and registered in.....2004!
    That's right, the D100 wasn't even registered until the D70 was out.
    The D70 isn't even registered yet..... published for opposition...but not registered. It's already been REPLACED with the D70S. It was filed a few months before they announced it as a press release. I don't think we'll have to wait as long with this though. They probably wanted to keep their hand close to their chest. They seem to historically wait a very short time. In fact, the D1X and D1H were filed for a month AFTER their announcement...The D1 was filed for MONTHS after the announcement. The D100 was filed for about 2-3 weeks after DPReview has the announcement listed.
    More recently it seems to be the style of Nikon to announce their cameras about, say 2-4 months after the filing, but I think we'll have a good chance of something at Photokina or failing that, around thanksgiving or the holidays.
    So Nikon Samurais, grab your wallet and empty your savings account!
    I was one of the posters on the DPReview thread in which the new app was uncovered a few hours after I went to bed last night
    Harrison
    Nikon Forum / Digital SLR Forum Moderator | moderator bio
    Check out our new Nikon D300 Pro Review D3 review coming soon...
    Nikon Samurai #9 | NPS Member
    10 Lenses • 5 Bodies • 3 Macs • 1 Sore Back

I Knew It!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deckcadet
    Don't know whether to post this in news/rumors, DSLRs, or here for max exposure, but might as well start here.
    On July 14, 2005, and appearing today on their website, The United States Patent and Trademark office processed a filing by Nikon Corporation Japan, with the same address and attorney of record as previous filings, for the trademark D200!
    http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...ate=a17be9.2.1
    Don't worry that it hasnt been published for opposition or fully registered.
    The Nikon D100 was filed 3/02, published for opposition in 2/03, and registered in.....2004!
    That's right, the D100 wasn't even registered until the D70 was out.
    The D70 isn't even registered yet..... published for opposition...but not registered. It's already been REPLACED with the D70S. It was filed a few months before they announced it as a press release. I don't think we'll have to wait as long with this though. They probably wanted to keep their hand close to their chest. They seem to historically wait a very short time. In fact, the D1X and D1H were filed for a month AFTER their announcement...The D1 was filed for MONTHS after the announcement. The D100 was filed for about 2-3 weeks after DPReview has the announcement listed.
    More recently it seems to be the style of Nikon to announce their cameras about, say 2-4 months after the filing, but I think we'll have a good chance of something at Photokina or failing that, around thanksgiving or the holidays.
    So Nikon Samurais, grab your wallet and empty your savings account!
    I was one of the posters on the DPReview thread in which the new app was uncovered a few hours after I went to bed last night
    When the price of the D100 dropped like a rock, I knew they were replacing it (or dropping it - which I doubted).

I don't stay up on the latest goings on in the photo industry, but I have noticed the patterns. The Coolpix 5700 dropped from $999 to $739 shortly before the Coolpix 8700 came out. When the F5 dropped from $2100 to $1900, I figured the F6 was about to make it's debut. The price dropped on the D100 a few months ago, so I figured the D200 was on it's way.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Re: Nikon D200 Trademark Filing :)

Registering a Trademark attorney https://ansons.co.uk/trade-marks/ will help protect your business from infringement and counterfeiting. If you have a good idea for an invention, it’s important to register your trademark so that others can’t use the same name or product.

A trademark serves as an indicator of origin for products and services—it’s what consumers associate with a certain company when they hear or see its name on packaging, advertisements or other marketing materials. For example, if Apple were ever sued because one of their products infringed on someone else’s patent rights (which could happen), then the plaintiff would need evidence that Apple had registered their “Apple” trademark prior to using it in commerce; otherwise they’d lose everything they stand to gain monetarily from filing suit against them!

Thread Information