Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

Report on 16x20 D70s print

Overall I am extremely happy with the results. There are some jagged lines but I should be happy because this is still a 6 megapixel camera. There are some jagged lines but nothing very noticeable and especially from a distance. The jagged lines could also be a result of my raw conversion or just blowing the picture up to a certain size. I ordered it from shutterfly and it took a little longer then expected but overall great. The paper quality is nice. It is a little textured and not a complete gloss that someone would get from say CVS or walmart 4x6 photos. Just wanted to share this experience with you guys.

Thanks,
    Joe

Re: Report on 16x20 D70s print

Thanks for sharing - not sure about the jagged lines though. My 6mp doesn't really do that so maybe it has something to do with sizing the file for printing. I haven't done any that size since I got Photoshop CS, but in PS7 I increased size by 10% until I got to 240dpi. That method was Scott Kelby's and it worked very well. I think something changed in CS where that's not necessary anymore but I should try one to find out.

Thread Information