Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

Nikon 35-70mm F/3.3-4.5 Af

Bought this lens for $9.99 I know its probably not a good lens , but I bought just to take it apart.

Is there anyone on here who know where I can get a break down chart for this lens?

Re: Nikon 35-70mm F/3.3-4.5 Af

I guess no one has any ideas :P oh well I can break it apart some how. But you would think there would be a chart showing how it comes apart.

I have an old manual focus 50mm that has a big spot of dust in the middle of it. I've been tempted (but resisted) to take it apart to blow it out of there. From what I can tell, taking it apart is the easy part. Putting it back together isn't bad either, but making sure everything is aligned correctly is what separates the pros from everyone else...

I got this one for $9 due to the guy saying it had mold on the lens but when I goy it I just wiped the lens off with some alcohol and it wqas clean and clear as the ever

But what I want to do is take the contact tabs off of the lens so I can use all the settings with my D60

I'm not sure what that is, but if you feel like you might be able to do it, go ahead and try. Worst thing that can happen is that you're out ten bucks.

The contact pins on the side of the lens. If I hook it up like it is I can only set it at 22. If I tape up the contacts I can use all the settings in manual mode.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nikon 35-70mm F/3.3-4.5 Af-lens.jpg  

You're talking about those four dots that are about 1/8" apart on the black ring that's at the top in this picture? Those are the electrical contacts that line up with the contacts in the camera body. If you did this you'd lose autofocus (however since this isn't an AF-S lens that might not matter - isn't the D60 one of the cameras that needs AF-S for autofocus?) You'd also lose the information the lens sends to the flash about focus distance.

It looks like you have the aperture ring set to f22, correct? It could be one of those compatibility issues between some newer cameras and older lenses...

Yes that what I am talking about. If I use it with the contacts as is I have to have it set to f22 any other setting and the camera will tell me to set it back to f22.

But if I cover the contacts with elec tape I can shoot at any setting so for me they serve no use but to restrict me on my fstop settings. I would rather remove them from the lens then put tape on them. What do you think?

I'm not familiar with the D60 so I guess I'm not sure... Might be worth checking out the compatibility of your camera with an AF (not AF-S) lens, or a call to their tech support. It could just be a setting. If not, like I said, the worst thing is that you're out ten bucks. Tape can come off (although it might leave a residue that won't come off) but cutting it off is permanent.

Well true I think I will leave it as is for now. And look to find one that I can use.

Thanks AV

Do any of you utilize the Nikkor 35-70/f2.8, I might want to recognize what you consider it. It's a wonderful focal point yet It isn't what I expected undoubtedly. I need its because I am a writer and I like to write essays with the help of this online resource https://edubirdie.org/edubirdie-review-the-most-honest-and-reliable I want to capture movment which I wrote in my essays.

It is rather interesting.

Thread Information