Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

Nikon repair service

I recently came across someone on the internet complaining about Nikon repair service. It went on and on page after page about people giving their opinion and I suddenly realized that I was not qualified to join in on the discussion. Since 1971 when I purchased my first Nikon camera that was a Nikon F and all the Nikon's I have purchased over the last 40 years that I have never had to get any repairs on any of the Nikon equipment that I have owned over that period of time. I still own the original Nikon F that I purchased in 1971 and it still works as good as when I bought it. I realized that even though I have been shooting Nikon cameras all that time, that I have had zero experience with their repair service. So if you ask me how good is their repair service? I really do not know, Jeff :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Nikon repair service

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw View Post
    I recently came across someone on the internet complaining about Nikon repair service. It went on and on page after page about people giving their opinion and I suddenly realized that I was not qualified to join in on the discussion. Since 1971 when I purchased my first Nikon camera that was a Nikon F and all the Nikon's I have purchased over the last 40 years that I have never had to get any repairs on any of the Nikon equipment that I have owned over that period of time. I still own the original Nikon F that I purchased in 1971 and it still works as good as when I bought it. I realized that even though I have been shooting Nikon cameras all that time, that I have had zero experience with their repair service. So if you ask me how good is their repair service? I really do not know, Jeff :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    That's how repair service should be! - Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

I have used Nikon repair twice in the last 8 years and have gotten wonderful service and turn around time. They would get an AAA+ from me.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I also never had to use Nikon repair service, but then I would assume that some folks treat their cameras carelessly and then get upset when they are in need of repair.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

n8

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    I have used Nikon repair twice in the last 8 years and have gotten wonderful service and turn around time. They would get an AAA+ from me.
    I'm glad to hear...read that. I still need to send my crippled 18-200 in.
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

I have a question... I have an old D50 and the rubber handgrip has become a little "sticky" feeling? I contacted Nikon and they said I had to send it in for "repair". My question is, has anyone run into this "tacky rubber" issue and is there a way to make the rubber not feel sticky? Is there some kind of cleaner that can be used? Thanks!

Thread Information