Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

Help Needed - NPS Sponsor

Dear NPS members,

Hi I'm Kenny Brandon Wilson. I've been a professional photographer for almost 15 years. Recently i've been plagued by numerous repair bills, rentals, GRIEF with Nikon service dept and cannot take anymore nonsense. Some years back I had a friend that stated he would sponsor me into NPS but I thought i'd never really need it. Well, in the past 6.5 months i've been thru 3 shutter replacements on 2 camera bodies, 1 CDD replacement and 3 lens repairs. Today, I had an assistant who put my 70-200mm lens on top of my safe next to a tool box instead of in it. So, as i walk by the safe with a softbox in hand i nudged the toolbox and... You guessed it my lens fell to the concrete floor and no longer works. It wont focus on auto, when focused manually it will not take a clear image. I just spent $1,100.00 literally 5 months ago repairing this lens from impact damage. Get this NIKON lost my camera body when they changed warehouses. When they found it and repaired it they sent it to an OLD address that was on file, an address that didn't match the paperwork I sent in with the camera have you. I wish i could tell you that's all that happened but i'll get to my point.

I'm a pro photog. I can't run my business any longer without having my equipment in hand to do my job. I'm losing all sorts of money renting equipment so that I can meet deadlines in order to keep my clients but not making 1 cent because of all this bad fortune.

So, please find it in your heart to sponsor me. I've been in contact with Nikon and updated my account reflecting all Nikon equipment I own. I meet all requirements except for having a sponsor. I'd be happy to prove any and all statements i've made here to satisfy your sponsorship if need be.

Please help this drowning photographer.

Sincerest Regards,

--Kenny Brandon Wilson

Re: Help Needed - NPS Sponsor

Even if you're not an NPS Member i'm all ears on suggestions. Thank you for any and all leads and/or advice.

thank you,

--Kenny Brandon Wilson

I would like to help you but I don't even know what NPS is. I live in Europe and I'm a humble amateur. I'm in the Nikon Pro program but it's purely based on how much gear you have.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Charles, NPS stands for Nikon Professional Service. Members are entitled to quick repair turnaround, discount on purchases, etc. In order to become a member you need a professional photographer to sponsor you, basically to verify that you are indeed a professional photographer.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

good advice

Thread Information