Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

Unhappy Counterfeit Nikon Batteries

I recently had occasion to need a new battery for my Nikon (takes EN-EL3e).
    I had purchased a third party battery and had it die after one charging-- so I was ready to buy another "real" Nikon one and spend the bucks. In looking online at reviews of 3rd party batteries, however, I ran into discussions of the counterfeit ones- Nikon box, Nikon label, but really a Chinese fake. Looking at the two Nikon brand ones I already had, it turned out the backup I bought from Amazon a while back was fake. I went to Amazon again and sure enough they still sold the fake one as a real Nikon for $48 and that even with a review posted by someone saying it was fake. When I attempted to post my own review saying I had found the same-- they rejected it. Even more disturbing, if I went to NikonUSA and followed their own links to online suppliers of their batteries-- one of the ones I ended up at was Amazon's fake battery. So, be wary when buying these--there are a number of indicators, but the most consistant seems to be that real ones have the 4 notches in the hologram square-- and fakes have no notches. B&H and Adorama have good pictures of theirs showing the 4 notches are present.

Re: Counterfeit Nikon Batteries

Thanks for the heads up on this, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Counterfeit Nikon Batteries

I'm amazed that Amazon has not responded in a professional manner. Not like them.
    Thanks for the heads up Dr Zyzix.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

Thread Information