Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

Nikon D60 Camera Problem

Camera Problem.

Hi I have a Nikon D60 and recently I have been experiencing problems with my camera.

Sometimes when I go to take a picture (just as I start to push the button down) the image In the view finder judders up and down once and there is a clicking noise when this happens. The Problems happens intermittently but the frequency is starting to increase

This camera hasn’t been dropped, I’m really worried that something inside has come loose. Does this sound like a problem that you have had before and could it be fixed by having the camera serviced.

If It needs a service is there anywhere that you would recommend that I took it to.

The Camera is just over a year old and has had around 8000 actuations

Please help.

Thanks Victoria
    Victoria

http://www.victoriapaxton.co.uk

http://twitter.com/#!/vphotos

I'll Critique yours if you Critique mine

Re: Nikon D60 Camera Problem

What you see through the view finder is a reflection from the mirror. If while looking through the view finder the image moves one of two things is happening. When you press the shutter release button the Nikon D60 does two things. When the button is pressed half way down it focuses then all the way down it swings the mirror up and out of the way so the image can be captured on the sensor. When it's focusing that should just be the lens moving unless there is a short in the button that is allowing it to almost take the picture but stay in the focusing mode. If any of that makes sense. But more likely, right when the mirror goes to move out of the way is where the problem is, especially if you're hearing a noise. Have you tried going into the menu and looking for a mirror up mode or a clean the sensor mode. Both of these will move the mirror out of the way without taking a picture and you can listen for the sound. If you can reproduce the sound this way then you know it's the mirror. Try here for mirror lockup instructions. This image may help you understand what you're seeing through the view finder.Name:  camera-diagram4.gif
Views: 2373
Size:  9.6 KB

I hope all this makes sence and helps a little. Sorry for your problems.

Thread Information