Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: White Lion Cub

White Lion Cub

Trip to the Toronto Zoo with my niece. This female cub was watching the crowd as much as we were watching her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails White Lion Cub-toronto-zoo-oct-20-2012-149.jpg   White Lion Cub-toronto-zoo-oct-20-2012-158.jpg  

banished

Re: White Lion Cub

nice pic..

What a beautiful cat! The second one needs to be rotated and both of them could just a bit more contrast and exposure adjustment. Nice work, though. Let us know if you need some post-processing tips. Thanks for sharing these
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thanks John. Any tips are always welcome! I'm using Aperture, but only fairly basic post-prod so far.
    The 2nd one uploaded in wrong orientation. Not sure how to fix that on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by sidecarwife View Post
    Thanks John. Any tips are always welcome! I'm using Aperture, but only fairly basic post-prod so far.
    The 2nd one uploaded in wrong orientation. Not sure how to fix that on the forum?
    I'm a PC user so I've never used Aperture. However, there's should be contrast, exposure and white balance controls. Think about how the lion looks on your computer screen and what it actually looked like. I would brighten it up a bit, warm up the white balance and add a bit of contrast to give it more snap. Just play with it in Aperture and see what you can do to give it some more life. You've got a great subject but the presentation could be better.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information