Snowy Egrets from today

Printable View

• 09-16-2014, 09:30 AM
    Grandpaw
    2 Attachment(s)
    Snowy Egrets from today
    I shot these two Snowy Egreats with the Tamron 150-600mm handheld this morning, Jeff
    Attachment 93105

Attachment 93104
  • 09-16-2014, 12:44 PM
    Liz
    Re: Snowy Egrets from today
    Hi Jeff,

Your photography....your images....get better and better. Both of these are stunning. The color on both is outstanding. The composition is right on!

Somehow I can't help but refer to your "signature" statement when viewing these recent images. These are Very Good Days, Jeff. And they reflect in your work.

Thanks for sharing. You inspire me!

Liz
  • 09-16-2014, 02:14 PM
    Grandpaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Hi Jeff,

Your photography....your images....get better and better. Both of these are stunning. The color on both is outstanding. The composition is right on!

Somehow I can't help but refer to your "signature" statement when viewing these recent images. These are Very Good Days, Jeff. And they reflect in your work.

Thanks for sharing. You inspire me!

Liz

Thanks Liz, it means a lot to me coming from you!
  • 11-13-2014, 12:39 PM
    Intrepid Berkeley Explorer
    Despite trying over the years to properly identify Egrets that I take video of, it's still confusing. Your first lovely photo with the reflection does not show the puffed up head feathers I mistakenly have associated with the Snowy Egret. It's really the black bill which distinguishes Snowy Egrets from Cattle Egrets, with their yellow bill.

Cattle Egrets have a misleading name, since they also associate with deer, a lesson from India.

Great Egrets feature such long necks that I nearly always identify them properly on many continents. A Great Egret fishing for its meal makes for good video. But other egrets also fish, just to confuse me.
  • 11-22-2014, 09:24 PM
    JamesScott
    Nice set, I like what you've done.
  • 11-24-2014, 03:24 PM
    Beljum
    That is a credit to your still hand! Exceptional color.