Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>

A Few Years of Photoshop Experience...

Can do wonders for old images.

I have been using Photoshop since 2003. At the point this shot was originally edited I was still using mostly the most basic features. Here is what a few minutes on an old image today has gotten me.

Original edit from '05...

New edit from tonight...

Again I will state that this is not a zoo shot, nor did I create it digitally. Welcome to Florida.
    Last edited by almo; 01-15-2008 at 11:42 AM.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: A Few Years of Photoshop Experience...

A nice improvement John.

Last week I was listening ot an interview with Vincent Versace on Inside Digital Photo Radio. One thing he kept stressing was the importance of saving your layerd files, and giving those layers clear names, so will you know exactly what you did to that image later on down the road. This is the exact situation where that would come in handy. The more we use PS, the better we become. It doesn't hurt to go back and look and reedit some of those old images.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thread Information