Polarizer Anyone

Printable View

• 11-24-2006, 09:08 AM
    Loupey
    1 Attachment(s)
    Polarizer Anyone
    Yesterday we had a spectacular blue sky. For kicks I screwed on the polarizer and dialed it in for maximum effect.

Personally, I think it's overkill here but a similar effect under similar situations may work for you.
  • 11-24-2006, 09:55 AM
    Bevb
    Re: Polarizer Anyone
    Certainly makes a blue sky blue! i like to use mine when there is a vast amount of colour in a landscape shot, stormy skys, and water, perhaps we ought to start a poloriser thread? ok, ok, just an idea!
  • 11-24-2006, 08:02 PM
    Ronnoco
    Loupey, you have not seen overkill until you have combined a polarizer with a graduated neutral density filter!

Ronnoco
  • 11-25-2006, 01:35 AM
    Dylan8i
    everytime i have my polarizer on i use it at full effect..... i just like it that way.
  • 11-25-2006, 07:12 AM
    Loupey
    Bev - please feel free to post any examples here. I'd be up to making a sticky if there is enough interest. Besides, it would be fun to have a work-in-progress sticky this time of year with guaranteed snow/bluesky images coming.

Ronnoco - I can only imagine :) I bet there are ways to simulate the effect in post-processing as well. Thanks for looking.

Dylan - you're right, we use them for effect and I don't recall using them halfway. Only later is when I think "isn't that a bit too blue" :p
  • 11-25-2006, 01:09 PM
    paulnj
    Too much for me, but you showed the masses what a CP at full effect does to a sky.
  • 11-30-2006, 07:12 PM
    J-Dogg Productions
    i really like the effect the dark blue sky and the red bird

Nice Shot
  • 11-30-2006, 11:04 PM
    Loupey
    Thanks, J-Dogg. Pretty strong effect, eh?

You can imagine some different situations when a little/lot enhancement may give a scene a totally different effect. With fresh snows and crisp blue skies approaching, very colorful day scenes will be coming :)