Piping Plover

Printable View

• 06-25-2007, 05:05 PM
    bsquared
    2 Attachment(s)
    Piping Plover
    Had the opportunity to go to Parker River NWR while visting the New England area this past week. What a great place. Can't imagine what it's like during peak migration. These are a couple of shots from the beach where they were nesting.

Bob
  • 06-25-2007, 05:14 PM
    Loupey
    Re: Piping Plover
    That little one is cute! Bob, don't be stranger - I hope you have more pixs from your trip. :p

These with your new lens?
  • 06-25-2007, 05:15 PM
    Knight
    Bob you have a couple of good captures here :) Are these young ones or adults ? First time i have seen these :)
  • 06-25-2007, 06:57 PM
    bsquared
    Hey Loupey,

One day flows into the next and it seems like I never have time to get through my pictures. I didn't take the new lens with me. I didn't feel like lugging it on the plane. I had my X-drive fail on me so I lost the majority of my pics that I copied from my CF card. I'm working with the manufacturer hoping something can be recovered. I was able to retreive some pictures from the CF card but at this time I lost a lot of them.

Knight,

The two are a pair of adults. The single is a chick. It was tough finding the little one as they blend into the sand. These are a first for me as well so I was glad I was able to get these.
  • 06-26-2007, 06:32 PM
    paulnj
    They are an ENDANGERED SPECIES!! You do know that chick image is saaaaweet to get right? Most people who know of a piping plover nest that isn't caged over keep it a secret because the only thing that keeps a chick from dying is the mother shading it. They can dehydrate and die in 30 minutes in the mid day sun :(