Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>

fried bugs as a nutritious and tasty snack!

> >
    Last month I was in Bangkok, Thailand to attend CITES CoP 16. One free afternoon (my only free afternoon) I took the skytrain out to the Chatuchak (weekend) market—the biggest weekend market in the world. This market is incredible: it is HUGE (according to Wikipedia it covers over 35 acres and contains more than 5,000 stalls); it’s CROWDED. It’s a vast labyrinth of stalls, tiny shops and carts selling absolutely everything. It’s chaotic, confusing and utterly fascinating. I spent a couple of hours going through the live animals and tropical fish area. >>
    > >
    The afternoon I was there the temperature was 35°C (95°F) and 100% humidity (or so it felt) and in the market there wasn’t a breath of air. After a couple hours I was absolutely dying—I desperately needed air conditioning, a shower and a gallon of water to drink. When I exited the market I came across a cheerful vendor who was selling a variety of fried insects as tasty snacks! I took the opportunity to take a few photos for my blog before I dashed back to the hotel to cool off... >>
    > >
    Below is a nice photo of the vendor and a couple of examples of what he had to offer.
    > >
    Cheers,>>
    EC>>
    www.macrocritters.wordpress.com>>
    > >
    >>
    vender close copyright ernie cooper 2013_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr>>
    >>
    grasshoppers 3 copyright ernie cooper 2013_filtered sm by ernie.cooper, on Flickr>>
    > >
    >>
    pupae copyright ernie cooper 2013_filtered sm by ernie.cooper, on Flickr>>

Re: fried bugs as a nutritious and tasty snack!

But how did they taste? That's the question
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information