Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>

Every picture tells a story

I've been missing for a while (got the "where have you been" message) but recently shot this picture whilst boating on a local river. It features an African Fish Eagle with half consumed prey and a Fork Tailed Drongo. Anyone wish to venture a guess as to what was going on here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Every picture tells a story-fish-eagle-bshmns-_dsc4566.jpg  

Re: Every picture tells a story

I'm thinking the Drongo and the fish were in love, but their love was doomed due to the whole breathing underwater thing, so the Eagle brought a ray of reality into the situation by eating the fish which really pissed off the Drongo. Now the Drongo is sacrificing his life to avenge Fishelia, while the eagle just wants to finish his meal and doesn't really care about this tragedy.

You've got me researching out on fish eagle. The African fish eagle does look like a bald eagle in N America. Thanks for sharing !

Great moment you caught there !

Great picture

NMW

What a shot!!

Love the interpretation Randi - you should get into writing!! The Drongo is a pugnacious bird - one of those who thinks he is a raptor - and was trying really hard to have a go at the eagle's prey. Harassed the poor guy till it eventually took off with Drongo in hot pursuit.
    Thanks for looking.

Outstanding shot

Quote Originally Posted by randimal View Post
    I'm thinking the Drongo and the fish were in love, but their love was doomed due to the whole breathing underwater thing, so the Eagle brought a ray of reality into the situation by eating the fish which really pissed off the Drongo. Now the Drongo is sacrificing his life to avenge Fishelia, while the eagle just wants to finish his meal and doesn't really care about this tragedy.
    LOL ! love it

Great shot! I once watched a seagull harassing a Bald Eagle, until suddenly the eagle flipped upside down and grabbed the seagull and ate him for lunch! Unfortunately, I was on my way to work and didn't have my camera.
    Last edited by Shyanni; 01-03-2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: forgot part of what I wanted to say.

Thread Information