Brave Jay

Printable View

• 12-22-2008, 01:56 PM
    Knight
    2 Attachment(s)
    Brave Jay
    Well it's been a long time since i have posted and its not that i did not want to but work had gotten in the way of my favorite past time.We have had quite a few storms here and then we have to catch up on our work when they are over. Yesterday i was not on call and we are having a nice snowfall and there were a few jay's at my feeders . So heres one from behind a window .One as shot the other enhanced. :)
  • 12-22-2008, 05:51 PM
    Pink Dragonfly
    Re: Brave Jay
    What a beautiful bird :) It looks pretty cold too, esp with the snow on the beak. How cold is it in your part of Canada? Seems most of the Canadians here at N&W are staying behind windows...:)

I much prefer the enhanced version even though the other one gives a more true impression of your weather!

Mette
  • 12-22-2008, 06:09 PM
    A.M.D.A.
    Glad to see from you again, Knight! :thumbsup: How's the snow over there? We got about 1 foot (more to come), - C temperatures for the last week.

My personal preference would be something between enhanced/original, perhaps with only post-sharpening applied? The enhanced version is little too contrasty, and the original definitely looks more "natural" (albeit "soft"). Nice shot, love the bird's pose, background bokeh, and especially those flying snow flakes. :)
  • 12-22-2008, 07:49 PM
    mn shutterbug
    The only thing missing is a catchlight.
  • 12-23-2008, 05:42 AM
    scott-devon
    Very nice shot, all fluffed up to stay warm.
    :)
  • 12-23-2008, 10:01 AM
    Knight
    Thanks for your comments guys they are appreciated . im hoping to be more active here in the following weeks :)
  • 12-23-2008, 03:11 PM
    Loupey
    Love it! Birds in a snow storm always look so miserable.

Come to think of it, anything in a snow storm looks miserable.

Hey, Knight - who's eye is that looking back at us in the corner?
  • 12-23-2008, 05:00 PM
    AgingEyes
    Wow, the snow has eye. Scary ! :p

Have you tried brighten up the Jay rather than the background, Knight?
  • 12-23-2008, 08:22 PM
    Knight
    Thanks Loupey, The Eye is Old man winter lol .AA i haven't just tried brightening the Jay ,ill have a go at it l8r.