Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>

Birder Magazines...

Does anyone subscribe to any type birder magazine? Any recommendations if I had to choose ONE? Some that I've seen available (but never read) are Wild Bird, World Birder, and Birding. I'm looking for one that gives good tips on attracting birds, hot spots, and photography tips.
    The first step is BEING THERE to take it...

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Birder Magazines...

I use to read Birds & Blooms. I love the magazine but no longer subscribe do the the lack of time to read everything that I get...

I wouldn't call it a "birder" magazine as I feel it's geared more towards the "back yard birder" as opposed to a hard core birder/photographer, but the photos in it are always top notch. The magazine covers both gardening and birding and gives lots of advice on attracting birds and butterflies to your yard by planting food sources that will naturally attract the birds. They do have photography tips in them from time to time, but it's not the main focus of the magazine.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thanks MJS! That's actually what I'm looking for! Im about to landscape my back yard and am going to "pimp it out" backyard bird style! I have 1/2 acre of woods behind my 1/2 acre back yard. I have alot of Paradise Trees (a tree thats a weed) that I'm going to wipe out this fall. I trying to make it look as natural as possible. I am going to hollow out some old tree trunks and branches and turn them into feeders/bird baths. We'll see how it goes...
    The first step is BEING THERE to take it...

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Haven't picked up a birding mag in years, but birds and blooms was a great one for what you are trying to do.
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

I'm interested in suggestions too!

Thread Information