• 03-23-2009, 02:21 AM
    SARtech
    5 Attachment(s)
    Another rough day at work...
    As some of you may know, other than my full-time job during the week, I also work part-time on Sundays as a Security Guard at a barge terminal. Most of the property is like a forest preserve! Nothing to do but "patrol" the grounds. :D

This Sunday, I captured what to me, was a very rare sight. 5, yes 5 herons in one tree. When I first saw them I was too far away to get a good shot. What a sight! My heart was pounding I think as I very slowly started walking towards them, shooting every now and then as I got closer and closer. I got pretty darn close before, one by one, they left. The one on the right though just stayed... looking at me! I was even talking to him. LOL
    He was relaxed enough at first to even take a stretch. I got tons of photos, but here are the most interesting.

I swear, this Sunday job removes all the crazy stress from the week, and my worries about my finances and my possible looming foreclosure disappear; at least for the time I am shooting. I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Kristine
  • 03-23-2009, 02:26 AM
    SARtech
    1 Attachment(s)
    Re: Another rough day at work...
    He finally decided to say goodbye and off he went.
  • 03-23-2009, 05:14 AM
    Singletracklovr
    Those are spectacular Kristine. Bravo!
    Thank you for making my morning.
  • 03-23-2009, 05:31 AM
    Martin Brazil
    Great shots Kristine, sounds like you have a cool Sunday job there. I wish someone would pay me to wander around in the forest.
  • 03-23-2009, 07:55 AM
    Canon_Bob
    Hi Kristine,

I'm betting there is a Heron rookery nearby. that type of congregation is not that uncommon in that circumstance. You should try and find it, as you'd really be able to get some cool shots then of the nesting and mating behaviours of the GBH.
  • 03-23-2009, 09:06 AM
    mn shutterbug
    Cool series.
  • 03-23-2009, 10:23 AM
    scott-devon
    Beautiful shots Kristine! I envy the opportunity to shoot wildlife while working.
    :)
  • 03-23-2009, 10:40 AM
    Shebang
    Sure am glad there are people who are willing to take the hard jobs in life!

Very nice!!
  • 11-14-2019, 07:38 AM
    giabey
    Wouldn't call it an average day, all the pics look pretty awesome. Talking about every day stress, I successfully cope with it thanks to cannabidiol oil and lokey vaporizer .
  • 12-17-2019, 11:48 PM
    JoEmily
    We always bring comfortable moments for you
    When your legs don't work like they used to before and I can't sweep you off of your feet, will your mouth still remember the taste of my love? Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?
    shell shockers
    games for girls