your thoughts on NYIP

Printable View

• 04-14-2004, 10:45 PM
    soren
    your thoughts on NYIP
    hey

ive been thinking about enrolling in NYIP (new york institute of photography) for quite some time and i still havent quite convinced myself to fork over the dough. I have been wanting to take my photography to the next level but dont like my options for classes here in calgary (canada) so i read up on this institute and it seemed quite good from what i found.

anyone have some input on this institute, or suggest other online or distance training courses?

thx
  • 04-15-2004, 07:47 AM
    adina
    I did/am doing this
    If you can stick to a schedule, you can learn a lot. You can probably find all the info they give you other places, but the convienience of having it all in one place was why I signed up. Although I think I've gotten all I am going to get out of it, and am having trouble finishing up the last little bit. There is an msn group that started for current students or those looking to take it.

http://groups.msn.com/NYIPRoundtable..._whatsnew.msnw

I thought it was worth the money, as I didn't have the time to search out all the different books, magazines, websites, whatever that could have taught me the same thing. If you have more time than money, you might want to check your local library or bookstore first. Barnes & Nobles and Borders will let you read the book while you sit there.

Also, if you go to their website and request the info, eventually they will send you discounted offers. So if you are seriously considering it, I'd request the info now, so you can get a reduced rate if you do decide to sign up.

adina
  • 04-15-2004, 08:18 AM
    soren
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    If you can stick to a schedule, you can learn a lot. You can probably find all the info they give you other places, but the convienience of having it all in one place was why I signed up. Although I think I've gotten all I am going to get out of it, and am having trouble finishing up the last little bit. There is an msn group that started for current students or those looking to take it.

http://groups.msn.com/NYIPRoundtable..._whatsnew.msnw

I thought it was worth the money, as I didn't have the time to search out all the different books, magazines, websites, whatever that could have taught me the same thing. If you have more time than money, you might want to check your local library or bookstore first. Barnes & Nobles and Borders will let you read the book while you sit there.

Also, if you go to their website and request the info, eventually they will send you discounted offers. So if you are seriously considering it, I'd request the info now, so you can get a reduced rate if you do decide to sign up.

adina

hey thx for the info

and i did start recieving their mail items about 6 months ago or more... so i have already gotten the discount offers :D
    just signed up today, i think this is what ive been looking for

give the d70 a good exercise lol
  • 04-16-2004, 12:43 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Sorry, wrong forum...
    Soren,

In case you hadn't noticed, this is the SITE FEEDBACK Forum. Posts here should pertain to, er...FEEDBACK about THIS site...

You'll probably get a much better response to your questions in either the Help or Viewfinder Forums...

Quote:

Originally Posted by soren
    hey

ive been thinking about enrolling in NYIP (new york institute of photography) for quite some time and i still havent quite convinced myself to fork over the dough. I have been wanting to take my photography to the next level but dont like my options for classes here in calgary (canada) so i read up on this institute and it seemed quite good from what i found.

anyone have some input on this institute, or suggest other online or distance training courses?

thx

• 04-16-2004, 08:09 AM
    soren
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Soren,

In case you hadn't noticed, this is the SITE FEEDBACK Forum. Posts here should pertain to, er...FEEDBACK about THIS site...

You'll probably get a much better response to your questions in either the Help or Viewfinder Forums...

ya... i noticed that quickly after i posted :rolleyes:

hopefully one of the mods can move it over for me
  • 04-16-2004, 10:31 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Happens all the time...
    No sweat. I'll have to call in a few favors with some very unpleasant people, but I think we can get the thread moved to the HELP forum... :D

BTW, I'm joking about the unpleasant... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by soren
    ya... i noticed that quickly after i posted :rolleyes:

hopefully one of the mods can move it over for me

• 04-16-2004, 11:11 AM
    Lara
    Quote:

No sweat. I'll have to call in a few favors with some very unpleasant people, but I think we can get the thread moved to the HELP forum... :D

BTW, I'm joking about the unpleasant... ;)

Ahem, I hope you don't mean me Mr. Hlavac :p

Post is now in the Help forum.
  • 04-16-2004, 11:44 AM
    Asylum Steve
    It is now time for the penguin in your avatar to EXPLODE...
    Unless, of course, that's a puffin, in which case you should compare notes with Sebastian. He's nutz for puffins...

This is just one of those "it's Friday and all my work for the week is done including my taxes so now I can go out and play" kind of posts. I have no idea what it means. And no, Lara, YOU'RE not the unpleasant one. It's, uh, er, all those, uh...OTHER GUYS. Yeah, the other guys. That's the ticket...

BTW, my apologies to Python if I butchered that bit of dialogue. It's been a while since I've seen the sketch... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara
    Ahem, I hope you don't mean me Mr. Hlavac :p

Post is now in the Help forum.

• 04-16-2004, 12:33 PM
    Lara
    Quote:

Unless, of course, that's a puffin, in which case you should compare notes with Sebastian. He's nutz for puffins...

This is just one of those "it's Friday and all my work for the week is done including my taxes so now I can go out and play" kind of posts. I have no idea what it means. And no, Lara, YOU'RE not the unpleasant one. It's, uh, er, all those, uh...OTHER GUYS. Yeah, the other guys. That's the ticket...

BTW, my apologies to Python if I butchered that bit of dialogue. It's been a while since I've seen the sketch... :D

Good answer Steve lol.

Matt, I'm sorry that we seemed to have hijacked your post. (Steve's a bad influence on me ;) )

Back to your question. I hope you get the answers you are looking for about NYIP!
  • 04-18-2004, 12:09 AM
    soren
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara
    Good answer Steve lol.

Matt, I'm sorry that we seemed to have hijacked your post. (Steve's a bad influence on me ;) )

Back to your question. I hope you get the answers you are looking for about NYIP!

haha np, friendly bunch here. im sure ill have fun posting on this forum lol

thx for moving the thread