Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Putting edited photos back onto memory card...

Hi! I'm new on the forums here, but I hope I'll be able to give as much help as I can to everyone else here (as well as get help myself, of course )

I was wondering if it is possible to put edited pictures (like cropped or resized mostly for my own instance) back onto a memory card to view on my digital camera. I've been able to get it back onto my memory card, but I cannot view these pictures on the camera.

Thank you in advance!

learning member

Re: Putting edited photos back onto memory card...

I would say no, but i'd be wrong. It seems that once you edit photos the file is changed, some cameras can read edited files. Heres a way with some work and a free download program to convert files so that the camera can read them. good luck.
    whoops, heres the link
    http://www.instructables.com/id/ETE4...1/?relatedLink

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jewl13
    I was wondering if it is possible to put edited pictures (like cropped or resized mostly for my own instance) back onto a memory card to view on my digital camera.
    In my experience, no. I haven't managed to do that on any digital camera I've owned ... Sony Mavica, Casio 3600, Panazonic LZ5, Minolta A1, A2, Canon 20D, 1DS 1DN - not one success.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Well.. actually... I have been able to do that on both my S3 and my wife's A540. The first, and most important thing, is to use the folder structure created by the camera, and the file name must look like the camera generated it. After that, it really depends on how much editing, and by what software, was done. Some simple edits, including copping, I believe, in PhotoShop seems to be okay, but if I use MS Photoedit it's a no go.
    tink ewe belly mooch

I invite your casual attention to my family Photo Site

Quote Originally Posted by jewl13
    Hi! I'm new on the forums here, but I hope I'll be able to give as much help as I can to everyone else here (as well as get help myself, of course )

I was wondering if it is possible to put edited pictures (like cropped or resized mostly for my own instance) back onto a memory card to view on my digital camera. I've been able to get it back onto my memory card, but I cannot view these pictures on the camera.

Thank you in advance!
    I don't even try. I started out with an Olympus C-3030. Back them 32meg was a lot of money and I was running out of memory cards just shooting over the weekends. With my D70 I had 4.5 gig of memory card with me when I started to shoot the event, by the end of the day I only had one 512 meg card left, ran a fully charged battery dead (no flash). So that is why I don't even try.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information