Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

What advantage is a Flckr account

I there any advantage to having a Flickr account to get your photos or website known? Can I put low res photos on a Flickr account and have them linked to my web page? I am getting ready to finish up my web site and I am looking for ways to let people know about it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: What advantage is a Flckr account

There is a definite SEO advantage to using Flickr. Flickr has great search engine indexing and it can help expand your brand and get your photos seen more. Flickr has a somewhat temperamental attitude towards commercial use of their site. Officially, you aren't allowed to use it for commerical purposes, even if you buy a "Pro" account. That's ridiculous, by the way. If they call it, "Pro," it's commercial by definition, right? Anyway, if you post a link to your site from every photo page, you might draw unwanted negative attention from their admins. On the other hand, what do you have to lose? Plus, thousands and thousands of people are doing it. I do it

Do you mind if I move this to the business forum? Since you're talking about your Web site and SEO strategy, I think it's a better fit there.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: What advantage is a Flckr account

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    There is a definite SEO advantage to using Flickr. Flickr has great search engine indexing and it can help expand your brand and get your photos seen more. Flickr has a somewhat temperamental attitude towards commercial use of their site. Officially, you aren't allowed to use it for commerical purposes, even if you buy a "Pro" account. That's ridiculous, by the way. If they call it, "Pro," it's commercial by definition, right? Anyway, if you post a link to your site from every photo page, you might draw unwanted negative attention from their admins. On the other hand, what do you have to lose? Plus, thousands and thousands of people are doing it. I do it

Do you mind if I move this to the business forum? Since you're talking about your Web site and SEO strategy, I think it's a better fit there.
    It is fine with me if you think it needs moved. I just put it here due to more traffic and the amount of people that may use Flickr, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thread Information